Wednesday 31 July 2024

The Cotswold Wildlife Park April 2024

I wanted to quickly share some of the photos I took during my visit to The Cotswold Wildlife Park this spring. I actually had this post all ready to go in April, but it somehow got lost in my drafts. Oops!

My sister and I had a lovely day out there on the first warm day of spring in April. It was my first trip out to anywhere other than medical appointments or the shops since last July, so I can't begin to tell you how good it felt to be out and about doing something fun for a change, especially with all the blossom on the trees, and pretty spring flowers blooming wherever we turned.

The Walled Gardens looked particularly gorgeous with so many unusual varieties of tulips and daffodils (as well as many others) catching our eye as much as the animals. I wish I had taken better photos, as mine really don't do their gardens justice.

We saw so many amazing animals during our visit, from otters and penguins to tapirs and wolves, but I think this trip's highlights were the wolverines, anteaters, and rhinos.

We got to see the wolverines having feeding-time zoomies around their outdoor enclosure, and it was fun to see them galloping around at full-speed, while their keeper went in, armed with just a broom for protection. I've never seen them so active before.


I was also really excited to see the giant anteaters out and about for the first time in about a decade. I managed to capture this little guy going for a stroll along the back of its paddock, and stopping for a quick snack at a tree. I've never seen an anteater feeding in real life before, especially not naturally, so that was pretty cool to see. 


Another highlight was finally getting to see their two rhino calves. I'd wanted to go see them since they were born weeks apart last autumn, so it was nice to see the overgrown puppies before they got big. I don't know what it is about rhinos, but I just find them adorable.


Oh, and we also met a couple who had brought their animal-loving French bulldog to the wildlife park as a birthday treat, and isn't that just the most wholesome thing ever? They were holding him up to see the tamarins, and he was being such a good boy, quietly wagging his tail at them. It was so cute.

I wish I could take Rosie for a visit, but I wouldn't dare, as, judging by the way she goes ballistic at squirrels and cats, I just know all hell would break lose if she saw something new, like a monkey or a meerkat. We'd probably get kicked straight out. Haha!


So, overall, we had another lovely visit to The Cotswold Wildlife Park, and even though we've been approximately 8930921 times, we can't wait to go back.

If you've never been to The Cotswold Wildlife Park, and love animals and plants, I'd highly recommend it for a day out. It's a fantastic place to visit all year round, and I can attest that as a local, who's been taking day trips there all her life. Plus, it's on the edge of the beautiful Cotswolds, so you can come check out my part of the world!

Have you been to the zoo lately?

You Might Also Like

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig