Monday 12 October 2020

What I Got For My 35th Birthday


It's been three months since my birthday, but in true Louise style, I've only just managed to take the photos I needed to document the lovely presents I was given for turning another year older.

 I'm beyond useless at documenting my life on time these days. My Chronic pain is so unpredictable it makes it hard to keep up. I still wanted to make a record of what I was given, so three months late it is. Better late than never, though, right?

A flatlay photo of birthday presents wrapped in red My Little Pony wrapping paper and a sky blue bird print hair scarf taken from above.

My older sister and brother-in-law sent me a parcel of goodies wrapped in My Little Pony paper and a sparrow-print scarf all the way from Germany.

A flatlay photo of birthday presents taken from above, including a sky blue sparrow print hair scarf, a Jemima Puddle Duck brooch, a blue footed booby brooch with ruby feet, a Funko Pop of Timon from The Lion King, a packet of Reese's chocolate peanut butter dipped pretzels, a clothbound Classics edition of Dracula, and a box of Godiva chocolates.

They gave me some really lovely presents, including a couple of Erstwilder brooches- Jemima Puddle Duck and Ruby The Booby; a sky blue sparrow and anchor-print hair scarf from Erstwilder; a Funko Pop of Timon from The Lion King dressed in drag to do the luau; a gorgeous Clothbound Classics edition of Dracula by Bram Stoker; some Godiva chocolates; and a bag of Reese's chocolate peanut-butter-dipped pretzels. I love everything, but naturally, the Erstwilder pieces are my favourites.

A photo of two resin Erstwilder brooches- Jemima Puddle Duck and Ruby the Booby, a blue-footed booby with ruby feet- taken from above on a white background surrounded by colourful confetti.

Jemima had been on my brooch wish list for ages as I adored Beatrix Potter books growing up, and my sister chose Ruby the Booby for me because it's called a booby, and she thought it was hilarious. Yep, my older sister is really twelve. I've wanted Ruby for years, so I'm really pleased to finally have her in my collection. She'll be perfect for future holidays to Cornwall when life is safe again.

A photo of an Erstwilder black raven brooch on a white background surrounded by colourful confetti. The brooch features a black resin raven with orange markings on its wing perched on the top of an orange marbled resin skull.

I treated myself to the Erstwilder Raven Mad brooch for my birthday because it had been high on my wish list since last autumn, and I came across it on sale via Lottie & Lu. (Sadly sold out now, but still available from Glitterally here). It would've been rude not to since it was my birthday, right? It's made from the most gorgeous black and orange resins, and is easily one of my favourite brooches ever. Ravens are for life and not just for Halloween!

A photo of a blue and yellow Loungefly wallet with characters from Disney's Robin Hood printed on the front photographed from above on a white background surrounded by confetti. The front of the wallet features Robin Hood the fox dressed up as a stork and the Sheriff of Nottingham behind him, both holding bows and arrows as they take part in an archery tournament.
A photo of a blue and yellow Loungefly wallet with characters from Disney's Robin Hood printed on the back photographed from above on a white background surrounded by confetti. The back of the wallet features images of Maid Marian (a vixen in pink and white clothing), Prince John the lion, and Little John the brown bear dressed as Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney, sitting in the royal box watching an archery tournament.

My younger sister, Sarah, gave me this amazing Robin Hood wallet from Loungefly, and it's basically the best wallet ever. I. Love. It! Robin Hood has always been one of my all time favourite Disney movies, but you rarely ever see merchandise from it, so I can't tell you how excited I was to get this. There really should be more Robin Hood memorabilia. It's such an underrated Disney movie, but definitely one of the best.

Photo of a white strawberry print Cath Kidston tote bag on a white background, with three pale pink silk flowers placed in front of it.

My parents gave me some money towards the Cath Kidston Sweet Strawberry tote bag which I'd been coveting all summer, and I made up the difference. I only have one other tote bag in my wardrobe, so I thought it would be good to try a different style to what I usually go for. I'm glad I did as I love it. It's a gorgeous medium sized tote made from white faux leather with a red and pink strawberry print on the outside, and a plain red faux leather on the inside. It's so pretty, and has plenty of room for the essentials- and then some. I haven't actually used it yet as I've only left the house once since I got it, but it'll be great for next spring and summer. It's still available to buy here, and it's currently on sale for just £46- a steal at almost half price! 

I was also given a blush-coloured wallet from Fossil, and a set of earrings from the parents, but I forgot to take a photo of them.

A flatlay photo of Erstwilder Care Bears products on a white background surrounded by colouful confetti. The items include two Care Bears print scarves, two pink enamel Care Bears pins on circular pastel rainbow print packaging, a lime green Luck Bear brooch with a shamrock on it's stomach, and a turquoise blue Wish Bear brooch with a shooting star on it's stomach.

I also received a little money for my birthday from my relatives, which I pooled together and put towards the Erstwilder Care Bear brooches I blogged about recently.

A photo of a black clothbound edition of Dracula by Bram Stoker. The clothbound book features a metallic cobalt blue print of bats on the front, mixed with white stars and streaks of white, and sits on a white background surrounded by colourful confetti.

A lovely friend of mine sent me the Puffin Classics edition of Dracula by Bram Stoker, which I'd been coveting since it was released late last year. It's so beautiful and looks amazing on my bookshelf. I have a few books from this collection now, and they're some of the prettiest books I've ever owned. I can't wait to finally read Dracula this Halloween.

A flatlay photo of pretty stationery taken from above on a white background surrounded by colourful confetti. The photo features a retro flower print notebook, a box of matching pencils, and a box of highlighters with the same print, plus a small square mandala colouring book, two neon yellow star shaped paper clips, a felt green and pink watermelon brooch, and an 'L' Scrabble tile mounted on a small wooden heart with string attached to make a gift tag.

Another wonderful friend of mine sent me a gorgeous stationery box filled with the cutest stationery you ever did see. Inside was a notebook, box of pencils, and set of highlighters in a retro poppy print; a mini mandala colouring book; two star shaped paper clips; a scrabble tile heart tag with my initial on it; and a felt watermelon brooch. It was really thoughtful, and as a bit of a stationery addict, I naturally love it all! I can't remember the name of the company it came from as I threw out the box because of Covid paranoia (yep, I'm one of those people), but if anyone wants to know, leave me a message, and I'll try to find out for you.

And those are the lovely presents I was gifted for my 35th birthday from my family and friends. 

I felt so spoiled, and they sure helped brighten up my birthday on lockdown. Thanks for the presents, family and friends!

What did you get for your last birthday?

You Might Also Like
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig