After thinking about it for a while, I've come up with fifty things I couldn't imagine living without- a mixture of essentials, and those things that make my life so much greater. And here they are. Let's see how many we have in common.
1. My family. Even if they do drive me mad most of the time.
2. My friends, especially my best friend, Angela.
3. My puppy, Rosie.
4. Concerts. I'm always happiest watching my favourite bands and singers perform live. I live and breathe them (or, at least I did pre-chronic pain), and couldn't imagine my life without them to electrify my soul. I hate that I can't go to anywhere near as many as I want and used to.
5. A camera. I may not be the best photographer, but I love taking photos every day to document my life.
6. My laptop. I'd be so lost without it, and bed rest would be far more boring. I use it for everything- blogging, keeping in touch with family and friends, shopping, banking, playing music, storing and editing my photos and home videos, ordering medication, educating myself... I pretty much organise my entire life through it.
7, Glasses or contact lenses. I can't see much without them, and would bump in to things a lot. At least it would give everyone a good laugh, though!
8. Books and / or my Kindle. I always have a book on the go. It's my escape from reality.
9. My medication. I wouldn't be able to cope with the level of pain I'm in without my painkillers to take the edge off. Plus, withdrawal symptoms are horrific.
10. Hazelnut milk chocolate. Cadbury's Whole Nut, Ferrero Rochers, Nutella... so much deliciousness.
11. Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance leave in conditioner. It's my number one beauty essential, keeps my hair in great condition, and makes it easier to brush through wet hair after a swim or shower. There's no way I could live without it in my life.
12. Fit and flare dresses with amazing prints; the basis of my style.
13. Having a creative outlet. Whether it's blogging, photography, creative writing, cross stitching, painting, journaling, creating displays... I have a need to create and like to channel my emotions and energy in to creative hobbies.
14. Comfy PJs. I need to be as comfortable as possible, so most days I live in them. I regret nothing.
15. A memory foam mattress. They're so comfortable! I don't know how I ever slept without one.
16. Time to myself every day to recharge after socialising. (Introvert alert!)
17. The Body Shop's Vitamin E Moisture Cream. Best moisturiser ever!
18. Colour. Colour makes me so damn happy. Life would be so boring in black and white.
19. A notebook... or seventy. I admit it: I'm a notebook addict. I love to write, and I use them to record, plan, and organise my life.
20. Music. I can't imagine life without it.
21. Adventures! I love to travel, take day trips, explore new places, and make memories along the way.
22. Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner- the nineties kind, not the newer versions. They give me the softest, shiniest hair, and the smell makes me so nostalgic.
23. Red nail polish, especially bright 'tomato' red. I feel so put-together when I wear it.
24. Movies and cinema trips. I'm a bit of a movie geek.
25. Special fried rice from my local Chinese take away. Nom.
26. Blogging. While I don't consider myself a great blogger, it's something I enjoy, it keeps me busy, and has given me a purpose and an outlet during the last four and a half years of my five years with chronic pain / illness. It's helped me cope with a lot.
27. Health care. Who knows what state I'd be in without it!
28. Cadbury chocolate. No explanation needed.
29. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. It's make up removing powers are magical.
30. Showers. Cold showers in the Summer, hot showers in the Winter. Bliss.
31. Schwarzkopf Real Red hair dye. If anyone asks, yes, I'm a natural red!
32. Christmas time. I love everything about it. It's the most wonderful time of the year.
33. Cross stitching. It might sound lame, but it's so therapeutic.
34. Waterproof black mascara. I need to make my eyelashes look pretty.
35. Animals and nature. The natural world is an amazing place, and being around animals and close to nature makes me happy.
36. Concert adventures with friends. Spending a day being a total fan girl with good friends is the most fun ever. It makes me sad that I can't do this often anymore.
37. My hair straighteners. I'm a slave to them, just like everyone else.
38. Heat patches. They help to ease my back muscles after a physically demanding day, making my back less tense the following day, and the back pain easier to cope with.
39. Freshly-washed bedding, straight from the dryer. Is there anything better?
40. The Body Shop's satsuma collection, especially the shower gel and body puree. Amazing products, and best fragrance ever. Fact!
41. Leggings. I live in them! I always wear them under dresses for confidence, as I have a complex about baring my legs. Plus they're comfy, too.
42. Those rainy days spent reading under cosy blankets with the sound of the rain drumming on the windows.
43. Creative writing. It's a hobby I've enjoyed since I was in primary school, and something I can't imagine not doing.
44. My iPod. I feel like I've lost a limb when I'm without it on the go.
45. An eye lash curler. I don't know why, but I feel so much prettier when my lashes are curled.
46. Trips to the seaside, especially to Perranporth Beach in Cornwall. Aside from concerts, I'm happiest with my feet in the surf, swimming, and body-boarding in the sea.
47. Escada Taj Sunset perfume. It's my favourite fragrance ever.
48. Coca Cola. I'm sorry to say I'm a little bit addicted.
49. Naps. Naps are awesome!
50. A bag big enough for me to carry around everything but the kitchen sink.
What couldn't you live without?