Monday 7 April 2014

101 Things in 1001 Days Progress Feb/Mar 2014

Well, hello there!

I thought it was about time I posted an update on my 101 Things in 1001 Days list; it's been a while! 

I didn't post an update last month with February's progress because I didn't achieve all that much. What can I say? It's been an uneventful year so far for me, and I've been physically and emotionally drained. I've been finding it difficult to function, and basically just lost my mojo for a lot of pastimes that I normally enjoy. C'est la vie. I have still managed to make some progress, and completed a couple of goals, and today my progress will cover both February and March. Let's see what I've been up to...



Read 50 Books. (14/50)


Over the last couple of months, I've been struggling to concentrate on reading anything book-wise. I've only finished three since the beginning of February! I've just been in one of those funks where I've not been enjoying anything all that much, which is probably just a result of me feeling a bit down for a while.

I read book four of The Darkness Series: Death's Valley by Leonard D. Hilley which is a dystopian / sci-fi series that I really enjoyed.

I also jumped on the band-waggon and read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, just before the movie hit the big screen. It was one of the loveliest, most beautifully written novels I've ever read! I urge you all to read it!

After The Book Thief, I attempted to start four or five different novels, reading a chapter or two of each and giving up. I couldn't get in to anything. I eventually got through Colony Z: The Island by Luke Shephard, which was a short zombie novel, before starting another zombie-orientated book called Surviving The Evacuation by Frank Tayell, which I'm still reading now. I'll review them all for you at a later date. Hopefully I'll be able to do a little better with my reading goals during April.


Watch at least 5 films at the cinema. (2/5)


A few days after I finished the novel of The Book Thief, my older sister and I went to see the movie adaptation at the cinema. It was so beautiful, so lovely, and so sad! I bawled my way through it, and didn't leave with much make up left on my face. I can honestly say The Book Thief was one of the most beautifully made films I've ever seen, and it thankfully did the book justice, even though so much had to be left out. Geoffrey Rush made a perfect Hans Hubberman!

The Book Thief brings my goal of watching at least five films at the cinema to 2/5.


Watch 50 new films. (5/50)


Along with The Book Thief, I also saw About Time on DVD for the first time recently, which was another great movie. It starred Rachel McAdams, who I absolutely love. Does she ever do a bad film? I think not!


Discover 30 great new albums. (6/30)


March happened to be a Book Thief sort of month for me, and I couldn't stop myself from downloading the soundtrack which was conducted by John Williams. I've  loved soundtracks and scores from movies for as long as I can remember. The Book Thief's score is beautiful.

I also acquired Night Visions by Imagine Dragons, which I'm really enjoying at the moment.


Watch Every DVD I Own 65/?


I've been struggling to concentrate on anything over the last two months, often preferring to sit in silence whilst blogging and surfing the net. I revisited a few films that I've already crossed off the list, and I also watched Catching Fire more than once, but in total I've watched 12 more of my DVDs over the past two months, shown above, bringing the total watched so far to 65.


Complete the book 642 Things to Write About


I've completed a few more prompts in the 642 Things to Write About book. I often pick up the book before bed and try to give a prompt or two a shot before I fall asleep. The snippet above was for a prompt entitled. 'Write what somebody wearing something red is thinking'. I decided she was nervous because she usually hid herself away in black. I apparently have the penmanship of a chimpanzee at five in the morning!




Attend at least 3 concerts. (3/3)



In March, I fulfilled a nine year old dream and took a little trip to see Fall Out Boy live for the very first time. It was one of the best shows I've ever seen, and it surpassed all my expectations; they were even better live than I could've imagined. I had such a fantastic time and I can't tell you how good it was to have a night of normalcy.

Spending a night away from home to catch a concert used to be the norm for me, but this particular trip was a big deal since my injuries have changed my life so much these past two and a half years. It was a challenge and it was agony; I put my body through a lot, and I still haven't recovered from going, but it was worth every extra ounce of pain, and I only wish I could re-live it all again! In going, I was able to complete my goal of seeing at least 3 concerts!

You can read my post on that little milestone here, where there are also a few videos I took that night.


Get my Jewellery Hooks Up On The Wall.


I can't take the credit for completing this goal, because it was my Dad who finally put them up for me, but I finally have my jewellery hooks up on the wall! Yay! I'd only been waiting for fifteen months... (I'd have done it myself, but our walls are a nightmare to drill in to).

You can see more of my jewellery storage in part one of my dressing table tour.

Goals completed in Feb/March: 2
Goals in progress in Feb/March: 9

Goals in progress: 9
Goals completed: 14
% complete: 13
Days to go: 790

And that is February and March's progress in a nut shell. I completed two goals, which isn't bad, but I hope to achieve a little more during April.

Do you have a 101 Things in 1001 Days list? I'd love to see your lists!


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Hope your feeling a little better soon :) you have still managed to do so much! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. I'm doing okay! Well, I have a lot of hours on my hands! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm impressed with your achievements! seriously! I've read 1 book this year and I think I have watched 1 movie on the TV, and I can't remember what it was hehe! your jewellry hook look so pretty, though some of our walls are like that, I think it's the brick! Take care of yourself x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Sandra. I just have more spare time on my hands than you do, and I don't have kids, a hubby or pets to share my time with. One book isn't so bad! It's better than none! I love reading and watching movies, but I know I spend far too much time online instead! Thank you, I love my jewellery hooks. Our walls are thick brick; I've never known walls like them! They're a nightmare. Thanks Sandra, I will! You, too. xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig