Sunday 2 March 2014

Sunday Favourites #71

Hey guys,

I'm sorry for my radio silence over the last couple of days. We've had issues with our WiFi connection at home this week, and our broadband provider didn't fix the problem until Friday evening. We were given another way of accessing the net while it was down, but it kept crashing on me every two minutes... to the point I was one step away from hurling the laptop at the wall! Thankfully I restrained myself because my laptop is my only portal for blogging (and online shopping)! 

It seems to be working just fine now, so hopefully I'll be able to get back to normal; starting with this week's Serendipity Sunday favourites post! Enjoy.


This eye make up look is gorgeous.


I love these pineapple wall decals!

 Gingham ♥


This lady's hair is amazing.


A selection of beautiful fox tattoos by Sasha Unisex.


A photo of the Northern Lights taken in England earlier this week! I'm so bummed I didn't know about the extremely rare occurrence here until 3am that night, so I have no idea if I could've seen them for myself. I heard there were sightings as far south as Jersey!


I love this tiger tattoo by, yep, Sasha Unisex! Are you bored of her tattoos yet? I'm not!


I love these nails.


This unusual furry pair.


"You expect me to get in there?!"


These mint chocolate chip macarons look amazing.

[Source]

There's a lot of truth to this quote.




I love all this colour!

[Source]

I love this illustration.

[Source]

A baby opossum riding a baby deer!

[Source]

Another photo of the Aurora Borealis in England this week. Such an incredible sight.

[Source]

A migration of beluga whales!

[Source]

In Finland, you can rent an igloo with a glass roof so you can lie in bed and look up at the Northern Lights! The igloos even have heating and amenities. It's fair to say, this has been added to the bucket list! Just check out the other photos!


♥ This week, Cosmo posted a great, insightful article on What Being A Fat Women Is Really Like, as told by two anonymous plus size ladies, and even more surprising was that it informed without shaming or portraying all  fat people negatively. This post also inspired a group of plus size bloggers, led by Claire of A Monkey Fatshionista, to all answer the questions from the article to show how we're all individuals, have had different experiences as fat women, and deal with life differently. I recommend giving them all a read.

♥ S. Bear Bergman, a transgender person, wrote about being fat and how different it is to be a fat man and a fat woman in today's society. This is such an interesting insight.


♥ Sammi of The Soubrette Brunette shared her fantastic collection of fun, novelty accessories, which left me practically salivating over my laptop screen at all the fabulous-ness. 


♥ Some more stunning photographs of the Northern Lights that illuminated the skies of the UK earlier this week.

and finally,

♥ I read this article, '16 Habits of Highly Sensitive People', with fascination. This is the first post that I've read which explores sensitivity in such depth. I was surprised that some mannerisms were connected to sensitivity,  such as indecisiveness, (which I am badly afflicted with!) but almost every point rang true for me.


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I love this post. I've seen the Igloo's in Finland before it looks so cool, it'd love to go there :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nic! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I'd love to stay in one of those igloos, too. :)

      Delete
  2. I love all the Sasha Unisex tattoos. They're worthy of being on walls, they're modern art. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd happily display her tattoos on my wall. I love them! I think she's created some of the best ink I've ever seen in my life! xx

      Delete
  3. I always love these posts! Its Monday here by the time I see them and they always brighten my day:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trees! I'm so glad they brighten up your Mondays. :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love seeing different types of animals being friends xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I don't know why I enjoy seeing those kind of pictures so much! xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig