Friday 21 March 2014

Make Way For Boohoo Plus!

Have you heard the good news? There's a new plus size collection taking the fashion world by storm and it's certainly got the plus size blogging community in an over-joyed frenzy- myself included!

Fashion retailer Boohoo.com has launched their own plus size range called Boohoo Plus, catering to sizes 16-24! 



When I first heard that Boohoo were bringing out a plus size range I was excited and intrigued. I've long admired their fashionable designs, but only from afar as the sizing didn't extend beyond a 14. Boo hoo! So the news of a Boohoo range that catered to my size filled me with hope, and I'm pleased to say I wasn't disappointed.

Boohoo Plus is quite simply, a breath of fresh air! It's made up of fashion-forward pieces just like the straight-size collections! It's made up of clothes that our slimmer friends have access to; of clothes we see fashionable girls wearing every day! Many pieces have even been adapted from the main range. The clothes are trendy, fun, flirty, colourful, and anything but frumpy; whilst still flattering the fuller figure! It's a world apart from the drab plus size collections made up of boring black shapeless sacks hidden in the deepest darkest corner of a shop, that's for sure. (I'm looking at you, Matalan!)

The collection is influenced by the current trends and must-have pieces, and the SS14 collection is focused around three main trends: Chalk Pastels, Brights, and Revival, which I'm going to give you a taster of below. I enjoyed putting these collages together because everything looks so lovely.


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10

Chalk Pastels is made up of sugary sweet pastel colours in mint, lilac, and pink, with a little hint of florals. The pieces are simple and stream-lined, but oh so pretty!

Pastels are going to be everywhere as we transition in to Spring and the trend is a great way to start easing some colour in to your wardrobe if you usually stick to black, navy and neutrals but want to give colour a try. I personally want to fill my wardrobe with everything mint-coloured, and I particularly love the quilted jackets, the floral sweatshirt and jeggings.




1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10

If, like me, bold colours are more your style, then the Brights trend will probably appeal to you. The trend focuses on beautiful bold colours like tomato red, magenta, and my favourite- cobalt blue, and will also focus heavily on neon colours.

Colour is one of my main influences when it comes to style, and seeing so much colour in the Boohoo Plus collection has made me smile. It's refreshing to find a plus size brand (besides ASOS Curve) that isn't afraid to let us be seen in anything but black. Just look at all those gorgeous vibrant colours! I'm in love.

This is just a small selection of the range, but I think you can see how varied it is. Most pieces come in several colours, with many of them also available in black, cream, and / or grey. I'll take one of each, please!



1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10

The third trend is called Revival which pays homage to the nineties with monochrome, grid prints and hints of colour. This nineties trend is huge at the moment, and Boohoo's Revival pieces have made me feel so nostalgic; I remember so many of these styles from the first time around! They've got this collection so right! I love the body-con midi dresses, the floor-sweeping maxi dresses, and the fabulous body suits.

The range is very affordable with prices starting from just £10. At present Boohoo Plus caters to UK sizes 16-24, but I hear they may extend the sizes further if it sells well! Given the reaction from the plus size blogging community alone, I have a feeling it's going to do really well. I can't wait to get my hands on a piece or two... the only hard part will be choosing what piece to buy first!

So there you have it; a directional plus size range that is bang on trend and not afraid to bring us the same fashionable styles that the straight sized ladies have access to! It may be a new collection, but Boohoo Plus is already miles ahead on the plus size scene, and it's fantastic to see how much plus size fashion is evolving. I think we can expect good things to come from Boohoo Plus!


What do you think of Boohoo Plus? Have you bought anything from the range yet?


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Love this Post! I love the collection, definitely picking up some bits when I get paid! :) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sian! The collection is amazing. I think it'll all suit your style perfectly! xx

      Delete
  2. They have some amazing colourful pieces in don't they?! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! I'm always happy to see lots of colour choices for us plus size ladies. It seems like Boohoo know we want the same options as everybody else xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig