Saturday 15 March 2014

A Little Outlet Haul March 2014

A couple of weeks ago, I ventured out of the house for the third or fourth time this year, and popped over to Bicester Village with my older sister. She wanted to shop, I just tagged along for some fresh air.

I find it difficult to come home from Bicester Village, an outlet village located in Oxfordshire, without purchasing something. I always get tempted by something, no matter how small. (I blame my sister!) I can't afford to shop in the designer shops, but Cath Kidston and the cosmetics companies always get a visit. On this occasion, I came home with a few little things from Cath Kidston, and some make up.




I wasn't swayed by a lot in Cath Kidston this time, but I couldn't leave without the set of two bunny and toadstool print cosmetics bags. I'd been admiring them online before the winter sales and fell in love with the print. (The crazy bunny lady strikes again!) They were £10 for the pair down from £15, which was a good discount.



Just look at how lovely that print is!


I also had to have these red and turquoise polka dot hair grips, which were just £2.50 instead of £6.00. I also came home with a pretty writing set for just £2, and some canape flags that were dirt cheap that I'll probably use to decorate a cake at some point this year.

If you love Cath Kidston's bags, the Bicester Village branch was well stocked with them when I visited a fortnight ago and the discounts on them weren't bad.


While we were there, we also visited The Cosmetics Company Store, which for some reason I'd never noticed on previous visits, even though it was practically opposite CK. I think it's probably a good thing I hadn't! It's basically a beauty lover's paradise, with discounted products from luxury brands like Clinique, Mac, Bobbi Brown, and DKNY. We spend some time having a play with it all. 

I'd never seen most of Clinique's make up range before, so treated myself to a few pieces, and also my first Mac nail polish. My above purchases were the result of restraining myself. I could of quite easily gone far more over board than I did, but still spent far more than I'd planned to that day. Oops.

My older sister has recently got in to watching beauty vlogs, which has rekindled her love of make up, and came out with a few finds, too.



I got three Clinique powder eyeshadows, and a Clinique Chubby Stick lip crayon... I'll be revealing the shades I bought when I review them for you really soon. They're lovely!


And I got myself my first Mac nail polish, Formidable, which I'll also be reviewing for you very soon.

If you love your designers and a good bargain, I really do recommend Bicester Village for a little outlet shopping. The outlet village has a great atmosphere and I find it quite relaxing to dawdle around from shop to shop... apart from on the days when it's incredibly busy with bargain shoppers. Weekends can be mental! There are places to grab some food and drink, and it's got a good selection of stores. It's located close to Oxford and it's easily accessible from other parts of the country.

Have you snapped up any bargains lately?

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I love the Cathy Kidston grips, so sweet! I've never been to Bicester Village though I hear good things. I read it is a tourist site for the Chinese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, too! Yep, Bicester Village is always packed with Chinese and Japanese tourists. Each time I go there are always at least a dozen coach loads of tourists from Asia and the Middle East!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh I love those cosmetic bags so much! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bunny pattern is so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm in love with the print. It's too cute! xx

      Delete
  4. Bunnies! it's a great little haul there Louise! and reduced priced Mac is always great! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my bunnies! Thanks, Sandra! Reduced price anything is always good! Lol xx

      Delete
  5. Such a cute print on the bags!! Xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig