Saturday 1 December 2012

The Christmas Tag

Last week I saw this tagged post on A Day in the Life's of a Scottish Lass' blog and decided to give it a go as I'm a total Christmas geek. It's my favourite time of year and I still love the season as much as I did when I was little. I doubt that'll ever change!

This tagged post was was originally created by Make Up Pixi3.


So without further ado...

What is Your Favourite Thing About Christmas?

I just love the whole spirit of the season; the way everything seems magical and looks so pretty dressed in fairy lights and decorations. Everyone seems happier and friendlier; we all think about our loved ones more, make an effort to be with them and spoil them with gifts. I enjoy the whole excitement in the run up to it, but most of all, I like how it's the one day a year my family and I all sit around the table together and make an effort not to argue. We always end up laughing until our sides hurt over Christmas dinner, and attempt to spend some time together without wanting to strangle each other! That's Christmas to me.

What's Your Favourite Make Up Look For the Festive Season?

I like to wear a glittery nail, and usually emphasise my eyes with emerald and forest green eyeshadows with a few coats of lengthening mascara. Alternatively I stick to lots of bronze and golds on my eyes with lots of black mascara over the festive season.

Real Tree or Fake Tree?

A real tree really cannot be beaten. I love the smell of them! They look so much prettier than fake trees in my opinion. Although we've had fake trees every year since I was about ten, and I spent the last few years decorating some lovely faux trees at work, too. I miss the smell at home, so I began decorating the fire place with fir branches as a compromise.

Giving Presents or Receiving Presents?

I personally love giving presents more than I do receiving them. I enjoy shopping, of course, and I like treating people. I love searching for gifts I think my family and friends will love. All that shopping and spending is worth it to see the look on their faces on Christmas morning when I've gotten it right. I think it's nice to show them that you know them, and that you care about them enough to put the effort in to finding the perfect gift(s) for them.

Do You Open Your Presents Christmas Morning or Evening?

We've always opened our presents early on Christmas morning. I remember when my Sisters and I were little we'd be so excited that we'd wake in the middle of the night. One year my older Sister and I tried turning a clock forward a couple of hours, and went in to our parents room with our evidence that it was clearly time to open our presents. Of course, we weren't fooling anyone as their alarm clocks betrayed us as it was like half three in the morning... but you've gotta love a trier!

These days, it's usually my Mum who's up first and too excited to let us sleep past 7am!

Handmade Christmas Cards or Bought?

I appreciate both, but have never made my own. I wanted to try making handmade cards this year, but I just don't have the money to do so. I usually buy my cards from Paperchase as I adore their selection; I tend to come out with a big box of their assorted charity cards. Although this year, I was led astray by some cards with images from classic cartoon 'The Snowman' on them in Marks and Spencers, and I couldn't resist!

What's Your Favourite Christmas Film?

You're asking the Christmas movie fiend here! I don't have one favourite, I have many! I have to watch: The Family Stone, Love Actually, Santa Claus the Movie, Christmas with the Kranks, Deck The Halls, Home Alone 1 & 2, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Miracle on 34th Street, and The Santa Clause each Christmas season (plus a few others!).

I'll go in to my favourite Christmas films further in a separate post.

What's Your Favourite Christmas Food?

I love my Mum's roast turkey and stuffing. Our family make stuffing with sausage meat, and it's delicious. It's something that's only made once or twice a year, so it's always appreciated when we have it. So, of course I love the turkey/stuffing sandwiches that follow in to Boxing Day... although I soon get sick of them. My Mum's apple pie is a favourite, too, and so is my trifle, of course!

To do this post I tag:

Every single one of my followers! I'd love to read your answers to these festive themed questions!

If you're reading this, you're more than welcome to consider yourself tagged and have a go, too! Make sure you leave a link to your post in the comments so I can have a read!

What do you love about Christmas?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I've just completed this tag post and am now feeling super Christmassy so thank you! :D lol xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig