Tuesday 8 February 2022

What I Got For Christmas 2021

Today, I thought I'd show you the lovely presents I was given for Christmas last year.

I know, I know; Christmas was ages ago now, but I'm lagging behind with my blog posts as I've been unwell a lot lately. I still want to document them to look back on, so I hope you'll indulge me as I chat about the cute things I was given. I promise it won't get too festive.

If you're still reading this, I guess you're curious to see what presents I got under the tree, so let's get cracking before you change your mind.


My parents got me this amazing mint green Robin Hood mini backpack from Loungefly, which had been on my wish list for ages. I was so excited when I unwrapped it on Christmas morning, as Robin Hood has always been one of my favourite Disney films, and I was pretty obsessed with it when I was growing up. It's the cutest little backpack, and the best part is that it has Sir Hiss with his head in a balloon on the back, with the same image used for the lining. I love it!

If anyone wants me to do a full review of the backpack, just let me know.


As you've probably noticed by now, I'm a little addicted to Animal Crossing, so one of my sister's got me an Animal Crossing jigsaw. The funny thing is, I bought her the exact same one! We're going to have to have jigsaw wars to see who can complete it first. I haven't done a jigsaw since I was about ten, so this could end badly.


My little sister also got me the cutest Animal Crossing Poppy bookmark from Mollie Crossing Studio on Etsy., which is perfect as I was down to my last bookmark. Where do they disappear to? Someone please tell me.


I also got some Animal Crossing presents from one of my lovely friends, including some adorable bath fizzers, a Flurry figurine, and a fun summer jigsaw. They're all so cute! My friend also sent me an awesome pair of Alice in Wonderland studs, but I haven't been able to get them to photograph well.


My younger sister, Sarah, got me a copy of Two Point Hospital to play on the Switch. I haven't played on it much yet as I've been too fatigued and brain fogged to figure it out, but I'm sure it won't be long until I'm addicted. I remember spending hours playing Theme Hospital on the PS1 in the early noughties, and it looks like the same sort of thing.


I love getting books as presents, and I was pleased to receive a few for Christmas from my parents, and my older sister. I got the Shadow in the Glass by JJA Harwood, which sounds like a new take on Cinderella; The Deep by Alma Katsu, a psychological thriller and gothic ghost story set on board the Titanic and Britannic; and a beautiful Barnes & Noble leather bound edition of six of H.G. Wells' most famous books. I've only ever read War of the Worlds, and have wanted to try some of his other stories for years, so I'm pleased to finally have this book in my collection. It's been on my wish list for years. The cover is gorgeous, with a flying saucer, solar system, and clock faces entwined on cobalt blue, and if the design isn't enough to tempt you, the pages are gilded in gold. 


I naturally had a few Erstwilder brooches on my Christmas list, and my parents bought me the King of the Coast brooch from last year's Jocelyn Proust collection. It's a beautiful red and green Australian king parrot, and it's made from some stunning red, green, and pearlescent white textured resins. It's a beauty, and I love it.


Speaking of jewellery, I also got the cutest pair of scalloped-edged, hot pink Fossil heart earrings from my parents. I always seem to get things from Fossil as my Mum's obsessed.


One of the coolest, most meaningful presents I got was a Pound Puppies basset hound teddy, from my sister and brother-in-law. It's just like one I had when I was little, except my childhood version also had a Velcro pouch in its belly with three puppies inside. I used to take them everywhere, and still have them packed away in the loft somewhere. As it was a childhood favourite, I was thrilled when I discovered that some of the old eighties and nineties Pound Puppies had been brought back, even if the Mums and pups weren't included. I added this almost identical one to my wishlist ages ago, thinking of buying it for myself at some point for the nostalgia, but never expected anyone to buy it for me. I was really excited to unwrap it on Christmas morning, and it now brings back lots of childhood memories. Pound Puppies were the best. Did anyone have one?


My parents and sister stocked me up on chocolate with a couple of selection boxes. I also got a Chocolate Orange, which is a tradition in our family at Christmas, but it didn't last long enough to make it in to photos. They're just too yummy.


My best friend sent me a thoughtful box of American chocolate from Planet Candy... luckily filled with some of the few American chocolates I actually like. Who knew the white Reese's were so good?!


And I was also gifted some hot chocolate goodies from another of my lovely friends, including the sweetest gingerbread man spoon with my name engraved on it. I'm looking forward to trying the hot chocolate bomb and stirrers soon. They'll be perfect for a chilly evening in front of the TV.

I also got a few other small bits and bobs I haven't photographed, and some Christmas money from a couple of my relatives, which I put towards some goodies from The Body Shop (mostly body butters, and shower gels), as well as a navy polka dot Lyra dress from Lady Vintage I got in the sale.

I love everything I was given this Christmas. My friends and family gave me some really cute and thoughtful gifts, and several that I'd been coveting for ages. I'm so grateful for their generosity, and still feel spoilt. Thanks to everyone who gave me a present; you guys are the best!

What was the best present you got for Christmas?

You Might Also Like
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig