Monday 19 March 2018

Hobbycraft Craft Haul Part Two



Last month, I shared part one of my recent Hobbycraft craft haul, and I'm back today to show you part two.

The last post featured the craft supplies I picked up in store, while today I'm revealing the products I later purchased online to cross off the rest of my crafty shopping list.

I'm sure most of my craft haul won't be of much interest to you guys, as felt, wool, and embroidery hoops are pretty boring purchases, but there are a couple of things that I wanted to show you.


My favourite purchase has to be the wooden house shelf, which is a sturdy wooden house-shaped box made up of seven compartments for storing and displaying pretty little things. I've been searching for something like it for years to display some of my nail polish collection on, so when I stumbled upon this one online last month, I knew I had to buy one. It was exactly what I'd been looking for. It was such a bargain at just £15, and I have to say, the wood is excellent quality, too, and so well made. I'm planning to paint it white with chalky finish paint, and then hang it on the wall above my dressing table to display my favourite nail polishes, which will hopefully help me see my collection better, and use shades I've forgotten about. (I currently have a drawer full of nail polishes, but I can't see what shades I have, so many of them never get used as much as they should. Or at all). The best part is, the shelves are quite deep, so they should fit two rows of nail polishes on them, and not just one. I can't wait to get started on it!


I also love the stripey mint green photo boxes I picked up. The boxes are a deep mint green, with stripey lids in shades of mint, pink, gold, white, and navy, and they're just gorgeous. I haven't decided whether I'm going to keep them for storage, or use them as gift boxes for birthday presents for my friends or family, but for just £4 for two (usually £2.50 each), I couldn't resist them. They're so pretty, and lovely quality, too.

The other items I ordered were felt sheets in orange, yellow gold, and yellow for turning in to felt daffodils for the Easter wreaths I'm currently making; more balls of wool for making pom-poms for said wreaths in orange, neon coral, lime, and dark green; and a set of embroidery hoops, which I've already turned in to some polka dot hoop art.

It's a pretty boring haul, and my purchases aren't as interesting as my last Hobbycraft haul, but I'm really pleased with the wooden house shelf and the storage boxes, and have been having fun crafting with the rest of the things I bought. 

I made some polka dot hoop art this weekend, and I've started working on making some Spring / Easter wreaths over the last couple of weeks, which I'm sure I'll give you a peek at once they're finished. I'm also planning to make some Easter crackers and Easter table favour bags in the next week or so, and then hopefully a couple of bandannas for my dog with the left over fabric. I'm in a real creative mood at the moment, and I'm loving it!

What about you; have you done any crafting lately?

You Might Also Like
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig