Saturday 24 June 2017

What's In My Wash Bag?


When I was packing for my recent holiday to Cornwall and filling my wash bag with as many miniature beauty products as I could cram in, I thought it would be fun to show you guys what I packed in the wash bag for my week away. I hurriedly took a few photos of all the little lotions and potions, and then completely forgot all about them, until yesterday, when I was going through the photos I took on holiday. Apparently I have a memory like a sieve.

The photos aren't the best, as I was in such a rush and didn't have time to create a pretty flatlay, but hey, I'm just a normal girl with a normal life that's freckled with imperfections, so I'm just going to roll with the imperfections today, and blog the photos anyway.


I was excited to pack my wash bag because I finally had a chance to use some of the miniatures in my stash which I had saved for just such an occasion. The only problem was deciding which products to take because I've amassed quite a hoard of mini beauty products over the last few years, mostly built up from beauty Advent calendars and gift sets that I haven't got around to using yet.


In the end, the vast majority of the miniatures I packed were products from L'Occitane and The Body Shop, and of course, I also packed a few full size products I just couldn't live without for the week, including my Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Conditioning Spray, and Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream. Most of the products I packed aren't the products I actually use every day and consider my essentials, especially when it comes to skincare, but I wasn't going to pack a suitcase full of full-sized bottles when I had dozens of travel sized alternatives waiting to be used. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to mix things up, and use some different products for a change. So that is what I did.


Here's a list of everything that made it in to the wash bag:

1. Lush Happy Soap.
2. Macleans White & Shine Toothpaste.
3. The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream.
4. The Body Shop Shea Butter Body Butter
5. Sure Motionsense Invisible Aqua Compressed Anti Perspirant.
6. Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Lightweight Conditioning Spray.
7. Magicool Hot Weather Cooler.
8. The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Body Lotion.
9. The Body Shop Moringa Shower Gel.
10. The Body Shop Frosted Cranberry Shower Gel.
11. Superdrug Nail Polish Remover Acetone Formula.
12. L'Occitane En Provence Essential Oils Shampoo.
13. L'Occitane En Provence Essential Oils Conditioner.
14. Sainsbury's Basics Cotton Wool Pads.
15. L'Occitane En Provence Cherry Blossom Bath & Shower Gel.
16. L'Occitane En Provence Cherry Blossom Shimmering Lotion.
17. L'Occitane En Provence Cherry Blossom Eau de Toilette.
18. L'Occitane En Provence Shea Dry Skin Foot Cream.
19. L'Occitane En Provence Refreshing Cloth With Organic Verbena Extract.
20. L'Occitane En Provence Essential Water.
21. L'Occitane En Provence Gentle Toner Enriched With Shea.
22. The Body Shop Glazed Apple Hand Cream.

I also packed my toothbrush, a Venus Gillette razor, and some Boots Cucumber Cleansing Wipes, but I couldn't fit them in the washbag, and forgot to grab them for the photos.

I never actually ended up using everything I brought with me on holiday, but I had everything I needed, and enjoyed trying the products I'd never tried before, like the L'Occitane Essential Water, Gentle Toner. and Cherry Blossom Eau de Toilette. I've been obsessed with the cherry blossom range for years, but I'd never sampled the eau de toilette before, and oh my God, it's to die for! If you love cherry blossom scents, you need it in your life! I'm going to need a full-sized bottle of it once I've used the miniature up.

As for the wash bag, my gorgeous heart print case was from Cath Kidston, but I'm afraid it's an old design from a couple of years ago that they no longer stock in that print. If you have your heart set on it, perhaps try your local Cath Kidston outlet shop or eBay; you never know, you could get lucky and find one. They also sell plenty of other lovely designs on their website, which you can find here.

I managed to cram almost everything I needed in to the case, so it served me well, but next time I'll either need to pack a little lighter- which, let's face it, is never going to happen- or buy myself a larger wash bag to cater to my hoarding needs.

What would you pack in your wash bag for a week's holiday? 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Yours is so well equipped and organised! Mine is rather a mess!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig