Summer is in full-swing, and I for one am loving it. The weather is warm, the days are blissfully long, and there are so many fun times to be had. There are a million reasons why I love the Summer time, and I've written a list of 50 things I love about it to share with you today.
1. Taking day trips to the beach.
2. Paddling, swimming, and body boarding in the sea.
3. The taste of salt water on my skin.
4. The smell of freshly mown grass.
5. Barbecues with family and friends.
6. Picnics, especially down by the river.
7. The long hours of daylight.
9. Listening to my favourite happy, uptempo Summer tunes.
10. Making daisy chains. Actually, just daisies in general. I love that there are daisies everywhere during the Summer.
11. Holidays! I've not had one in five years, but what's not to love about a week or two away from work, responsibilities, and the usual routine, plus the opportunity to have some fun, relax, revisit favourite places or travel to somewhere new?
12. Ice cream- especially 99s and oysters from the ice cream van.
13. Lazy days spent reading in the sunshine or in the shade.
14. The leaves are back on the trees, the flowers are blooming, and nature is lush with life again.
15. The smell of Nivea sun lotion. They've been my go-to brand for sun lotion pretty much all my life, so the coconut scent makes me so nostalgic for Summer holidays in Cornwall and France, and so many trips to the beach in Poole and Woolacombe.
16. Drinking in river-side beer gardens out in the country.
17. Taking day trips to the zoo. The Cotswold Wildlife Park and Whipsnade Wild Animal Park are my favourites to visit in the UK.
18. Listening to some nineties reggae. For some reason it has to be done.
19. Going for random drives in the countryside with the windows down and happy tunes blaring out of the speakers, just to enjoy the sunshine.
20. Wearing sandals and flip flops, instead of stuffy boots and shoes.
21. The satisfying feeling of relief that comes from drinking an iced drink after a couple of hours of dehydration.
22. Alfresco dining.
23. Summer fashion. So many pretty colourful dresses, so little time.
24. Wearing bright Summer colours, like yellow, coral, orange, turquoise, and magenta.
25. Going for walks along the river.
26. Eating fish and chips beside the sea.
27. Going bare-foot whenever possible, and feeling grass and sand beneath my feet. I guess I'm just an old hippie at heart!
28. Painting my nails with cheerful bright colours.
29. Outdoor concerts. (I'd include festivals, but I've never made it to one, yet!)
30. Knowing it won't be dark by mid afternoon for many months.
31. Eating lots of delicious summer fruits and berries like strawberries, raspberries, cherries, nectarines, peaches, watermelon, and pineapple.
32. Going swimming, especially in outdoor pools.
33. Taking day trips to London and enjoying the city in the sunshine.
34. All the fruit-themed fashion, homeware, and stationery that floods the shops every Summer without fail. I'm a little obsessed with pineapple and watermelon-themed stuff.
35. And all the flamingo-themed stuff is pretty damn awesome, too.
36. Going strawberry picking.
37. Getting iced cocktails- especially strawberry and raspberry daiquiris.
38. Going for long walks in the countryside, especially in the evening when everywhere is so calm and peaceful.
39. The sound of sea gulls beside the sea.
40. Always having freshly-shaved, smooth legs.
41. The fact people are generally happier when the sun is shining and the weather is warm.
42. Going to arcades and spending a fun hour or two blowing a small fortune trying to win a few pennies.
43. Taking boat trips in the hope of spotting some sea creatures or just to enjoy being out on the sea or river.
44. Cooling down with cold showers after long, scorching hot days.
45. Eating Calippo, Solero, Strawberry and Pineapple Splits, and Twister ice lollies.
46. The brighter and longer hours of daylight makes it so much easier to take decent blog photos.
47. Feeling less like hibernating, and more like doing stuff. Take that, S.A.D!
48. My birthday is during the Summer. What's not to love about presents, cake, and having a little fun?
50. Making awesome memories with family and friends that will last a life time.
What are your favourite things about Summer?