Tuesday 26 May 2015

Colourful Collage: Yellow

This week's colourful flatlay is dedicated to all things yellow; one of my favourite colours.

1. 642 Things To Draw book. A book full of drawing prompts, and plain paper to draw on.
2. Original Source Quench pineapple body lotion. The scent is to die for!
3. Waikiki Melon Yankee Candle.
4. Neal's Yard Bee Lovely To Your Hands hand cream.
5. Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk.
6. Pretty mustard-yellow rose hair clips,
7. Honey Mania lip butter from The Body Shop.
8. A River Island clutch I've had since at least 2003. I think it may actually be the oldest bag I own!
9. A "currently loving" piece of journaling paper from a La De Dah pad.
10. A pack of lemon Lockets cough sweets.
11. Carmex lip balm.
12. A pair of false eyelashes I'm saving for the right occasion.
13. A Cath Kidston canape flag. 
14. Lemon yellow Inglot eyeshadow.
15. Sunshine yellow Inglot eyeshadow.
16. A Project Life card.
17. Burt's Bees replenishing lip balm with pomegranate oil.
18. Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express waterproof mascara. One of the best mascaras I've ever tried!
19. A little wooden elephant, which my parents brought me back from a trip to Sri Lanka.
20. A length of lemon and white gingham ribbon. It didn't want to cooperate with the camera.
21. A nail art dotting tool.
22. An Indian bangle which I bought, along with about a hundred others, during a holiday to France about a decade ago.
23. A Hobbycraft rosette embellishment thing-a-ma-jig for crafting.
24. Lemon yellow Sally Hansen nail polish in Yellow Kitty.
25. Three random yellow buttons.

And it was all yellow.

Do you have a lot of yellow things, or is it not the colour palette for you?

Other posts in my rainbow flatlay series: 
Red.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I'm not a massive fan of yellow, it has to be the right shade for me. Bright or pastel but not too dark and I hate mustard shades. I don't really own much yellow but I did just get drawn into buying this Lemon bag from Avon http://avonshop.co.uk/product/jewellery-and-fashions/bags-and-purses/lemon-cross-body-bag.html :D it's really cute, surprisingly spacious and the strap is long enough for my fussy tastes (honestly I have several bags with homemade straps where their own have been too short for me.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think yellow is for everyone, and I definitely think mustard is an acquired taste. I never used to like it but it's grown on me these last few years. That lemon bag is adorable! I'd never have thought of making my own strap for bags that aren't quite perfect ! What a great idea! xx

      Delete
  2. Like you, I adore yellow! your collage is so pretty and your bag is in immaculate condition! the lashes are so fancy, bizarrely I have been desperate for a yellow cardi! has to be waist length, vivid and seems to be a bugger to find ha! never mind, it will turn up somewhere x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. I just think yellow is so cheerful. I'm surprised my bag is still in great condition, but I suppose I've not used it that many times over the years. I think I got the lashes from Rachel's giveaway a couple of years ago; I need a night out so I can wear em! Yellow knitwear can be so hard to find. I bought a great one from New Look a couple of years ago, which is still in good shape, but I've not seen many new ones this year. xx

      Delete
  3. I dont think I own any yellow items really I'm not even sure why I don't xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's not a colour everyone thinks to go for when they're buying stuff! xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig