Sunday 23 March 2014

Sunday Favourites #74

It's that time of the week again; time for another dose of my weekly favourites! I've not had a chance to browse Pinterest and Tumblr as much as usual, but I still have some great images to share with you this week. So, why not grab a cuppa, put your feet up, and enjoy!

[Source]

I love this Frida-themed fashion photoshoot dubbed Frida Isn't Dead created by photographer Silvia Chiteala! There are eleven photos in the collection, and each are as amazing as the last. <3


This water colour rose tattoo is gorgeous.


Sasha Unisex's Snow-White-inspired apple tattoo is amazing.


And this beauty of a barn owl tattoo design.


Fiery eye make up.


Kate of Scathingly Brilliant has the prettiest kitchen I've ever seen!


I want to make some Easter eggs pinatas!


These pastel beach houses.


I love the idea of hanging balloons along a washing line for a party or gathering.


These Silly Old Sea Dog dresses look amazing, and even cater up to a size 28!


I love how these clothes have been displayed.


Here is a girl after my own heart with her yellow polka dot dress and pastel look. I'm making a mental note to try mine with some pink... It would help if I actually had some pink in my wardrobe!


Animal behaviourist Kevin Richardson regularly gets up close and personal with wild African animals! How beautiful are these white lions?!

[Source]

I'm not sure what the story is behind this photo as the link is a bit of a dead end, but how often do you see a human holding a lynx??


These little piglets are adorable.


This sad looking raccoon dog.

[Source]

This recipe for raspberry peach lemonade sounds delicious.


This man, named simply as Mario, spent most of his life working at a zoo in Rotterdam, and at 54 when he learnt that he was dying, his last wish was to see the animals at the zoo one last time. He had become very close to many of the animals over the years, including the giraffes. This giraffe didn't hesitate to come over to nuzzle and kiss Mario goodbye, as if it knew he didn't have long left.


Apparently you can change the colour of succulents using food colouring. They look so pretty!


A mouse riding on the back of a toad to escape the floods.


These paper bird houses look so pretty.


Just be yourself!


A cheese market in Gouda, Holland. Did they really need matching yellow hats??


Appreciate what you have and look forward to the future.


Can you believe this is what sand looks like under a microscope?!

♥ Leah of Just Me, Leah wrote an insightful guest post over on Vicky's blog, The Curved Opinion. called How to Deal With Conflict on the Internet; it's well worth a read.

♥ Leah is also arranging a campaign called Not Your Before Photo to show support and solidarity to Rachele of Fat Babe Designs, whose swimsuit photo was stolen recently and used to promote a diet company. Leah's idea is for people to share a photo of themselves, just as they are, as a big middle finger up to the haters. If you want to get involved, pop on over to Leah's blog here for all the details.

♥ Have you read this article: Having a FAT Friend Can Be Such a Big Bore? I was appalled by how egotistical and bitchy the woman is. "Most of the time, I just try not to talk about fashion in front of anyone who is manifestly big. And if the conversation drifts towards new trends, I’ll do my best to change the subject — perhaps asking for recipe ideas — so that we can talk about something that is less sensitive and more interesting for them." More interesting? Them? Yeah, because all fat people are obsessed with food. From the way she judges and speaks about her friends, I'm surprised she has any at all.

♥ I love The Couture Girl's dressing table tour. I'll be sharing my own very soon!

♥ This adorable baby squirrel that was found in a bag of mulch, and another cute little squirrel that likes to live in his human's hair!

♥ 77 Facts That Sound Like Lies But Are Actually Really True. Did you know that there are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach on Earth? Mind boggling.

♥ 25 towns with ridiculous names.  Who wouldn't want to live in a town called Puke? I also can't believe there's a place in Oregon called half.com! 

♥ 31 Times People On Facebook Made Themselves Look Stupid. The stupidity of these people is pretty shocking and hysterical. What are schools for, again?

♥ The Three Mistakes You're Making With Your Website makes for an interesting read if you're looking to get the best out of your blog.

That's all, folks!

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. The Frida theme pic is amazing! and the microscopic sand, how cool! the cheese in Gouda looks like giant macaroons, I think I see cake everywhere and I am completely pinching the balloons on the washing line idea for our next party haha, I'll credit it of course! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the microscopic sand looks incredible, and I'm laughing at your comment about the cheese! Cake would be a tastier alternative! I want to string up balloons that way next time we have a family gathering of a BBQ- I love it! xx

      Delete
  2. I always love your links - have to stay that sand under a microscope is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Trees! I'm glad you enjoy them. I can't believe tiny grains of sand actually look like that! xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig