Monday 30 December 2013

Haul | The Lovely Presents I Was Given For Christmas (2013)

I had a lovely Christmas with my family this year, and although we're now approaching the New Year, I'm still overwhelmed by how much I was spoilt by my loved ones this week. My family were extremely generous and gave far more than I deserved; I found myself quite taken a back by their generosity when I took everything upstairs to put away and saw it all together. I still feel so grateful for every present; and appreciate every person who spent money, time, and effort on giving the gifts to me this year.

Christmas, for me, isn't about receiving presents at all. Although it's exciting to be given a pile of presents each December, Christmas is about spending time with the people I love, and remembering other people in my life that I can't spend it with; even if it's just by acknowledging them with a thoughtful note in a Christmas card. I get a great deal of joy from spoiling my friends and family, too, and the festive season is a time for me to lavish them with lovely presents and I always get carried away! I love putting presents together for somebody who deserves to be spoiled rotten, it's so satisfying!

Christmas is also a time when I truly appreciate what I have, when so many people out there have nothing but the clothes on their backs. And right now, I'm aware of just how much I have and how lucky I am to have it! So, please bare that in mind as I show you the wonderful presents I was given for Christmas this year. I'm not sharing them to boast or make you jealous; I just enjoy reading these kind of posts on other blogs, and thought you might like to see them, too. I know some people detest 'haul' posts, and if you're one of them, you might prefer to press the little x in the corner now...



So, first up are The Elf Boots. I was given this pair of forest green studded ankle boots from my parents. I already have the same boots in burgundy and black, and I put a little request in for this pair. They're by Collection at Simply Be, and come in E and EEE widths; I chose the latter and they're so roomy and comfortable. 


My parents also gave me the Remington Keratin Therapy Pro Curl curling tong, as I've wanted a curling tong for years. I'm looking forward to playing with it, and seeing if I can get the curls to stay in my hair.



Not great pictures, as it just did not want to cooperate, but I love my new gold snakeskin effect satchel from River Island.


My older sister, and my brother-in-law bought me this pretty fairisle jumper. It has a little angora in it and it's incredibly soft to the touch. I'm so impressed by TU at Sainsburys' clothes this season; this one's a beauty.


They also gave me an Inglot breathable nail enamel in 639 and an Inglot nail enamel pen in 27. I'm wearing the nail polish now, and it's so pretty, and I can't wait to get creative with the nail art pen. My other sister gave me the gorgeous Lush Emotional Brilliance lipstick in Decisive.


I was given quite a lot of beauty products from various family members.



My favourites of the bunch are the Lush pieces. I was given a box of four products by my Auntie, and a gift bag full from the parents.



I was also gifted this cute bobbin-shaped craft box, which will make a quirky display item in my boudoir.


A few little things: a lion cross stitch kit; a necklace; a pair of real purple pearl studs; a cupcake shaped manicure set; and a bookmark calendar.


I was treated to a plentiful assortment of edible goodies. That's me set until Easter!


How cute is this little Santa teddy tin? I might have to refill him with goodies and pass him along to someone else next Christmas. Or just regift to myself!


The day after Boxing Day, I was given a belated Christmas present from the little sis, who bought me the Stila Naturally Beautiful Eyeshadow Palette that I've had my eye on all year! My sis always leaves her Christmas shopping until the last minute, so it arrived late, but it helped stretch Christmas further!


And my mother forgot she'd also bought me these pearl accessories, and remembered them on Boxing Day. The necklace, earrings, and simple bracelet came in a set, and the other bracelet was in it's own little pouch. The pearls are real, and I can't quite believe how lovely the are!

So, as you can see, I've been a really lucky girl this year, and was spoilt rotten! I appreciate every last gift!

I'm off to get started on the 'thank you' cards to show my gratitude.

What were you spoilt with this year?

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Looks like you got some great things! I love the lion cross stitch :-) x

    http://lornaswishingwell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have been very good! hehe! excellent batch, no! it's more of a haul of goodies, all of it is fab, especially your extra Boxing day surprise - I got some lovely things, my lot were very sweet to me x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lovely things :) glad you had a great Xmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul, Louise! I really love the boots and Stila palette xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig