Sunday 3 June 2012

What a difference a year makes...

I was going to be really lazy today; stay in my pyjamas looking like a scruff and not get dressed- that's how Sundays should be, right? Right!- but somehow I talked myself out of it and dove in to the wardrobe for something to wear.

I wondered if I had something I hadn't worn yet. And then I remembered this coral maxi dress...




I bought this lovely dress last summer. I thought it was so pretty and that it would be perfect for my holiday. It got packed in the suitcase; when it came to dressing in it, I didn't feel right in it and convinced myself the empire line made me look pregnant. I wouldn't listen to my Sister when she ensured me it didn't, as, well I'm stubborn as hell. I didn't end up wearing it at all last year because of these thoughts I get in my head.

I guess a year can make a world of difference. I like it again! Perhaps the couple of pounds I've gained since my injury (just a few, I'm glad to say- there's nothing worse than gaining weight when it's beyond your control) has helped it fit a little better? There's so much fabric to it, and it flares and floats and catches the breeze as the fabric is so light. The last photo especially shows how it reacts with the breeze from my ceiling fan. My hips and legs are hidden underneath inches of billowing fabric!


I love how the lilac nail polish looks with the coral. I've accessorised with cream accessories to break up the pink. I'd wear gladiator sandals with this dress, and either a tan or cream cross-body bag.

♥ Dress: Dorothy Perkins
♥ Cardigan: New Look
♥ Necklace: Accessorize, I think, but not 100% sure
♥ Bracelet: Either Dorothy Perkins or New Look, I forget which.

I've spent the afternoon listening to feel-good tunes, and browsing through online clothes stores. I've put together my favourite pieces, and will share them with you in my next post. It's been raining all day, but it hasn't stopped me from enjoying the maxi dress!

Hope you're all having a great Sunday whatever you're up to.

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Oooh that dress is pretty, and you look great in it! You can really wear empire styles, they suit you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nita :). See, I normally avoid empire styles as I don't like how they look on me!

      Delete
  2. im loving maxis at the mo even though I'm only 5 4'' and apparently short girls shouldn't wear them i love mine and they make me feel really tall but that might be my crazy brain! you look fab in yours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think anyone can wear maxis; I like to break rules; they're made for breaking. It's just about getting the right fit, or use an asymmetric as an alternative. I always feel tall in my maxis, too. I guess it's the one colour thing that stretches the eye. Thank you Rachel :) xx

      Delete
  3. that looks gorgeous on you xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig