Wednesday 20 June 2012

Coral, turquoise, flamingos and pearls...

Evening guys (or should that be morning?),

I'm back with an OOTD. I'm really sorry that I haven't posted one in almost a week. I spent the last four days in my pyjamas in a bit of a sorry state trying to cope with the aftermath of an appointment with my physiotherapist. She was gentle with me- the travelling and sitting up got me... I think there's an old lady running about somewhere in England with my back, so if you see her tell her to give me it back, okay? Ta.

Something resembling summer returned today, and the sunshine perked me up for long enough to get dressed and snap a few photos.



 


You don't need to adjust your screens; yes, you saw right, that's my face in the photos! I've never been comfortable with photos of myself. There aren't actually many of me since I hit puberty as I always hide from the camera, but I'm trying not to. I had just done my make up (which you'll hear more about later), so I decided to allow my face to be shown.

I've already blogged about everything I'm wearing before, but I wanted to show that I do wear clothes over and over again, and that there's nothing wrong with that! I don't see the point in spending money on lovely things, only to wear them once. I like to collect pieces that I see myself wearing repeatedly in the future.

The sun was shining, so I went for a summery coral and turquoise colour theme today. I love the two colours together. And I love this dress! I'm still so excited that I own flamingo print dresses! Not just one, but three! :D

The dress actually has a pale turquoise background, although it's not showing up in the photos. I've dressed it with my new Lovedrobe shrug (which, by the way, is one of the best cover ups I've ever owned), a skinny turquoise belt, my pearl flamingo locket, turquoise bangle, and an aquamarine ring.






I painted my nails in a bright and cheery shade of blue. My go to shades are red and coral, so it's a rarely worn colour on my nails, and I actually quite like it. Once again, it's a good ol' Barry M polish.



Dress: Dorothy Perkins
Shrug: Lovedrobe @ New Look
Belt: Dorothy Perkins (set of two)
Necklace: Camden Lock Market
Bangle: Topshop
Ring: Evans
Nail Polish: Barry M


And here's a little sneak peek at tomorrow's post...

I've been asked to post more make up looks, so I've scheduled a post based on this turquoise-green look for tomorrow afternoon.

Pop back tomorrow to see how I did it!

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I love your outfit. You're really pretty you should show your pretty face more! ;) Sorry to hear you've been poorly :( hope your pain eases soon. *hugs* xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, Sian. *Blushes*. I don't think I am and don't think I'll ever be convinced. It's alright; it's just another day for me. I've gotta just go with the flow. Thanks hun xxx

      Delete
  2. 1. You have great skin
    2. I love matching make up to outfits, especially since you picked such great colors for this one
    3. Still on love with that cardigan
    4. booooo to that old lady. I'll be on the lookout. *hugs*
    5. I like lists :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Thank you! I've been blessed with clear skin; I rarely get spots :)
      2. I don't normally match make up to outfits, but I just went with it.
      3. Thanks! I'd totally recommend it. I'm seriously considering getting the black and white ones, too.
      4. I know; how rude! Haha. Thanks.
      5. So do I!

      Your list made me smile :) xx

      Delete
  3. yay, your face is in the photos! :D i'm so glad you're going to post a makeup look, and awesome outfit as always xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee thanks. I posted a make up post just for you :)

      Delete
  4. AWWWWWWWWW!!! FINALLY CAN SEE ALL OF YOU!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ^^<3
    You look so cute! Love the dress and all the turquoise too! ^^<3
    MMxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I show my face from time to time... I hate pictures of myself so I like to avoid it. Thanks, hun :)

      Delete
  5. Looking lovely lady! I love this dress, mine needs another outing. Fab make up too - I am useless at applying mine! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linz :) It really is a great dress. I can't stop wearing it. I'm not great with make up; I just blag it haha.

      Delete
  6. love love love twiny! the dress looks fab on you i really like your full length pictures your face is fab :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks o twin of mine! I still need to see you in yours! All these nice comments about my face are making me blush! xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig