Sunday 4 November 2018

Sunday Favourites #351


Hey guys,

I'm sorry it's been so quiet on the blog again this week. My sister has been visiting from Germany for a few days, so I've been busy spending time with her while she's been here, and haven't had much time or energy left over for blogging. We've been out shopping to both Milton Keynes and Oxford over the last few days, and I've been so knackered afterwards I've been too tired to blog once I've made it home. (But I've acquired five pretty new notebooks, and tried my first Hotel Chocolat hot chocolate, so it's all good!)

The sister's heading back home this morning, so I'm planning to rest up and get back to blogging today, and I'm hopeful normal service will resume this week. I did find some time to put together this week's Sunday Favourites for you, so that's a step in the right direction, at least, huh? Well, I'll let you be the judge of that. Here are some of my favourites from the last seven days...


This mini nineties colouring book from Kell Doodles is amazing! The pages are filled with all of the best things from the nineties / my childhood and early teens, and just looking at these pictures is making me so nostalgic! Pogs! Tamagotchis! Polly Pockets! Troll Dolls! The nineties were the best. I couldn't resist treating myself to a copy last night.


This Mason jar thank you card from Birch and Loon is so pretty.


I love Little Big Bell's pastel office space.


Sarah Hearts can show you how to make one of these lovely DIY tea towel half aprons in just twenty minutes.


How cute is this DIY giant doughnut pouf from Twinkie Chan?! I need to make one!


Labyrinth has always been one of my favourite movies, so, naturally, I'm obsessed with this Labyrinth Hoggle coffee mug from Truffle Shuffle. I think I'm going to get my brother-in-law one for Christmas, but I kinda want one for myself, too. There's also Ludo and Sir Didymus designs that are equally awesome.


I love this rainbow paper pumpkin tablescape from The House That Lars Built so much. I wish I celebrated Thanksgiving or had an Autumn get-together I could recreate this for.


Sugar and Cloth's faux balloon DIY letter garland would make a fun statement for any party.


I know Halloween is over for another year, but these DIY skeleton silhouette pillow cases by Salty Canary were too good to keep to myself until next October. I think that they'd be perfect for all year round, anyway.



This candy-covered colour wheel cake from Club Crafted looks incredible. I'd love to make something like this.


This 'Love Lives Here' floral wall sign from Goldfish Marmalade is so pretty.


I'd love to have a go at this gourd wall hanging temporary embroidery pattern by Sarah K. Benning. I think it would look great in the kitchen during the Autumn months.


I really like this textured wall hanging from A Beautiful Mess.


A Kailo Chic Life's DIY fall leaf decanter would make a cute addition to your bar cart or drinks cabinet for entertaining this Autumn.


Coco Cake Land made a Jack o' kitten cake for Halloween, and it's too adorable for words.


Japanese art students turned themselves in to some of the world's most famous paintings for the 22nd annual Halloween parade in the city of Kawasaki, and unsurprisingly, won the main prize of the event. Amazing.

Lovely Links

♥ Aycan from Little White Socks wrote a fantastic post with everything you need to know about preparing for Blogmas. 

♥ Kaylah from The Dainty Squid showed an ingenious way to create nail art using Scotch tape / Sellotape. I'm so going to try this!

♥ Jasmin Charlotte wrote about how to embroider on transparent fabric, and her work is so beautiful.

♥ Rebecca of From Roses wrote a thought-provoking piece about fast fashion and why we need to make a change.

♥ Katie May talks about little things to make you feel better on low energy days, which you may find helpful if you're living with a debilitating chronic illness.

♥ A 17-year-old boy scout built a nuclear reactor in his Mum's backyard in the nineties and accidentally made his neighbourhood radioactive. You can't make this shit up! It actually made for a really interesting read.


If you'd like to see more like this, why not check out my Pinterest and Tumblr, which are both filled with inspiring images? You can also find all previous Sunday Favourites posts here.

Have a great day!

What are your plans for the day?
SHARE:

1 comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig