Saturday 8 July 2017

What's In My Holiday Make Up Bag?


A couple of weeks ago I shared a peek at the contents of my wash bag from my recent holiday to Cornwall, and it turned out to be one of the most popular posts I've blogged in a while, so I thought you might also like to see what I packed in my holiday make up bag. 


I love reading posts like this myself- probably because I'm just plain nosey- and I know a lot of people do, too, so I hope you enjoy rummaging through my make up bag with me.


I have a very large make up collection that fills two whole drawers (three if you count my nail polish drawer) so it was difficult choosing which products to pack for a week away, but in the end I packed light, and apart from a couple of eyeshadow palettes, I kept to the bare minimum. I filled my trusty Cath Kidston heart print make up case with the essentials, crammed in a few essential tools, and grabbed a couple of my favourite eyeshadow palettes to pack separately, and in to the suitcase they went. Simple as that.


Make up was probably the only thing I didn't over pack for my trip. I could've gone over board, but I was only going for a week, and I don't like to cake on the make up during the Summer because it just melts off my face in the heat. It's not a pretty sight. I prefer to skip the foundation or BB cream when it's hot, do my eyes, and just stick to a little concealer, blusher, and powder, and I'm good to go. If I want to push the boat out, I'll add in some primer and highlighter, but I try to let my skin breathe as much as possible, and let my freckles do the talking- especially in Cornwall where the lifestyle is so laid-back.


So, what did I pack in my holiday make up bag? 


Here's a list of the products I took:

1. B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful powder brush.
2. B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful blusher brush.
3. B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful eyeshadow brush.
4. Cath Kidston heart print make up case.
5. Urban Decay Vice 4 eyeshadow palette.
6. Tarte Opening Act Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara.
7. Maybelline The Colossal Go Extreme! Volum' waterproof mascara.
8. Rimmel BB Cream Matte 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Make Up in Very Light.
9. Benefit Sun Beam golden bronze highlighter.
10. Urban Decay green eyeshadow in Kush.
11. Urban Decay Full Spectrum eyeshadow palette.
12. Models Own eyelash curlers.
13. The Body Shop Shimmer Waves blusher in Blush.
14. Stila All You Need Is Love cheek palette.
15. Rimmel Hide The Blemish Concealer in Ivory.
16. Lehcaresor Powdered Papers
17. Benefit The Porefessional PRO Balm.
18. Lush bronze liquid eyeliner in Happiness.
19. Bourjois Paris Healthy Balance Unifying Powder in Vanilla.
20. Paul & Joe blotting papers.
21. Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl waterproof eyeliners in Blue My Mind, Aquabat, Superblack, and a purple that I'm not sure of the name of because I've used that section of the pencil up.
22. Bourjois Paris Contour Clubbing Waterproof eyeliner in Blue Remix.
23. Rimmel London Soft Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in Pure White.
24. Mont Bleu Slant Tip Tweezers with Swarovski Crystals.
25. B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful eyelash and brow comb,


As I'd predicted, I didn't end up using everything I'd brought with me, and I didn't wear a full face of make up every day. It never felt necessary, and I didn't always have the time or energy to put on my face, either. I played around with some colourful eye make up looks using my amazing Urban Decay Vice 4 and Full Spectrum palettes a couple of times (a review of the latter will be coming soon!), but for the majority of the week, I kept things simple and minimal. 

I even got by without a full set of make up brushes! I used some of my old faithful glittery sequined brushes from B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful; Lush's old sister make up company that unfortunately folded about seven or eight years ago- something I'm still so gutted about because they were amazing! I had to let go of the last of their make up years ago after it all expired, but I still can't give up these make up brushes, even though I have others in my collection now, and many of the sequins have fallen off. I love them! They still work like a dream, though, and helped me to create the perfect make up looks for my holiday.

It may not look like I packed a lot of make up for a week's holiday, but I had everything I needed for a week on the Cornish coast, and it all helped to give me that little extra confidence while I was out and about grabbing life with both hands.

So, that is what I packed in my holiday make up bag. What would you pack in yours?

You Might Also Like
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig