Tuesday 1 November 2016

L'Occitane En Provence Beauty Advent Calendar Review 2016


I know it's still four weeks until Advent begins, but a couple of weeks ago, I picked out my beauty Advent calendar for 2016. It was a difficult decision as there were at least eighty beauty calendars to choose from this year, but for the second year in a row, the L'Occitane En Provence calendar won me over, and I snapped one up before it could get away.

The delivery was super fast and I already have the calendar here with me, so I thought I'd give you guys a sneak peek, the low-down, and my first impressions of it.


So, L'Occitane have returned with their second ever twenty-four day Advent calendar for Christmas 2016, featuring a different L'Occitane beauty treat behind each window, allowing you to pamper yourself, and enjoy some Christmas morning excitement every day in the lead up to the big day.


The calendar is beautifully and tastefully illustrated, featuring colourful designs of the festively-decorated L'Occitane Gifts' Workshops, with content-looking characters inside busy making, packaging, and gift wrapping L'Occitane products ready for Christmas. Untie the festive red ribbon, and the calendar opens up like a book, where you'll find the twenty-four numbered windows cut in to the illustration, just waiting to be opened to reveal the wonderful goodies behind them. What will you find inside? Who knows? Well, I do, actually.


Unlike last year, when the calendar contained a mixture of L'Occitane beauty products and random Christmas gifts like table confetti, gift tags, and a cookie cutter, every single treat inside this year's calendar is a mini L'Occitane skin care, hair care, fragrance, or bath & body product! Being a big L'Occitane fan, I personally found that to be a temptation I just couldn't resist- especially when I learnt that it was only £3 more expensive than last year, and that it was packed full of my favourite L'Occitane products. (Basically, anything Verbena or Cherry Blossom scented, FYI).

The calendar is filled with favourites and best sellers like Verbena Shower Gel, Shea Butter Foot Cream, Ultra Rich Body Lotion, Cherry Blossom Eau de Toilette, and many more, showcasing some of the best of what L'Occitane has to offer in one wonderful festive package.

If you want the contents to be a surprise, scroll down past the following photo and list quickly now.


Here's the full list of the products included in the calendar.   

Relaxing Shower Gel 35ml
Shea Butter Hand Cream 10ml
Pivoine Flora Hand Cream 10ml
Cherry Blossom Shimmering Lotion 35ml
Delightful Rose Hand Cream 10ml
The Vert & Bigrade Shower Gel 30ml
Almond Milk Concentrate 20ml
Ultra Rich Face Cream 10ml
Almond Delicious Hands 10ml
Ultra Rich Body Lotion 30ml
Repairing Shampoo 35ml
Jasmin & Bergamote Shower Gel 30ml
Cherry Blossom Shower Gel 35ml
Verbena Soap With Leaves 25g
Verbena Refreshing Cloth 25g
Ultra Rich Shower Cream 30ml
Almond shower oil 35ml
Verbena Shower Gel 30ml
Shea Butter Foot Cream 10ml
Cherry Blossom Eau de Toilette 7.5ml
Verbena Cooling Hand Cream 10ml
Immortelle Essential Water 30ml.
Shea Butter Gentle Toner 30ml
Almond Delicious Soap 50g

It's the perfect treat for any L'Occitane or beauty fan, and an ideal way to explore more of what the brand has to offer without spending a fortune on full-sized bottles of products you don't know are going to work for you or not. Having tried many of the products included in this calendar in the past myself, I promise you it's full of amazing products worth trying! And I can't wait to try out all of the ones I haven't.


I'm not going to give you a peek at which products are behind which doors today, as I want to be able to enjoy the surprise myself every morning in December, so you'll have to make do with the taster on the back of the calendar for now.

I will be sharing what I find behind each window daily on Instagram from the 1st of December (app allowing), so be sure to give me a follow if you want to tag along for the ride. I'm hoping to blog about my finds every week or fortnight, too, with mini reviews, but that will depend on whether I have any time, energy, and pain tolerance left after I've seen to essential Christmas stuff that always take up more spoons than I have. I'll do my best, but I can't make any promises.


The calendar is available to buy from L'Occitane, online and in store now, priced at just £42. With £80 worth of products inside, it's excellent value for money, and also one of this year's most affordable high-end beauty calendars. I'm so pleased I went with this Advent calendar, and I can't wait for December to arrive so I can start enjoying it, and the beauty treats inside. All I can say is, get your hands on one before they sell out! You won't regret it!

Will you be buying the L'Occitane En Provence Advent calendar, or any other beauty Advent calendar this Christmas? How will you be counting down to Christmas this year?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig