I'm sorry that it's been so quiet on the blog this past week. I've had a painful, misshapen-claw for a hand since I tried to write two paragraphs on a medical form last Tuesday, and I've been struggling to use my hands to write and type ever since. It's left me with horrendous pain in every bone and muscle in my hands, which has been more painful than the time I broke my wrist, and it's only just beginning to ease now, a week later. My hands are still really sore, but they're less stiff now, so I'm beginning to type again, albeit ridiculously slowly. I'm sure they'll be back to normal in a few days, and once they are, I'll do my best to catch up with comments and emails as soon as I can.
I've had issues with my hands painfully cramping up during some tasks for years, but this is definitely the worst case yet, and the more it happens, the more sure I am that some kind of arthritis is to blame. It does run in both sides of my family. I'm going to bring it up with the rheumatologist again soon, as it's getting worse and happening more frequently, and that's beginning to worry me a little. I'm doing absolutely fine, so don't worry... I'm just stupidly worrying about what state I'll be in when I'm a crotchety old lady if I can't even hand write two paragraphs in capital letters at thirty. Old age is going to be funnn! Haha!
Anyway, now I've bored you to tears, let's move on to the proper blog post...
It's been so long since I last put together a colour-themed flatlay, and I have to say, I've missed making them. Now I've finally got myself some large sheets of blank card to give my photos clean, uncluttered backgrounds, I'm eager to continue with the series, so here we are. The last collage I blogged was navy blue themed, so I'm continuing on the flatlay rainbow with some of my purple-coloured possessions today. These are all little things I had lying around in my bedroom.
1. My battered old copy of Stephen King's 'Pet Sematary'.
2. A bottle of The Body Shop's Frosted Plum shower gel.
3. A bar of The Body Shop's Frosted Plum soap.
4. A frog queen Christmas decoration from The Christmas Boutique.
5. A dark purple beaded necklace. I've no idea who by. I think my Mum gave it to me years ago.
6. A bobbin of metallic purple curling ribbon from Paperchase.
7. A shiny snowflake Christmas decoration, also from Paperchase.
8. Richard Laymon's 'Dreadful Tales'.
9. A tin of Moomin notecards.
10. Lilac Kiko nail lacquer, shade 338.
11. Lavender Kiko nail lacquer, shade 332.
12. Lush Emotional Brilliance liquid eyeliner 'Feeling Secure'. It's dried up, so I need to repurchase.
13. A little book of Moomin sticky notes.
14. A pair of old dark-purple button-like studs from Accessorize.
15. A pair of purple rose earrings, I think came in a set from Accessorize.
16. An awesome lilac macaron ring from And Mary a few years ago.
17. A faded glittery, sequined eyeshadow brush from the late Be Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful.
18. Plus a blusher brush in the same design. They're at least 7-8 years old but I still love them!
19. A cheap candle lighter.
20. Trio of Bourjois Paris Smokey Eyes eyeshadows in 'Violet Romantic'.
21. A roll of lavender geometric washi tape from Paperchase.
22. An awesome My Little Pony Brooch made by the lovely Rachel from Old Lady At Heart.
23. Four Inglot eyeshadows in a four pan palette.
24. A bold beaded bracelet that came as part of a set from Dorothy Perkins.
25. A small metallic star Christmas decoration from Paperchase.
26. A wooden ring, I think I bought from Camden Lock Market many moons ago.
27. A roll of stripy lilac washi tape from Sainsburys.
28. A DVD of Friends series 10, episodes 5-8.
29. My old little Canon point and shoot camera.
30. A fabric hair tie from Accessorize.
31. Three mini Crayola colouring pencils.
32. Barry M nail paint, shade 161 'Vivid Purple'.
33. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure nail polish, shade 'Bewitched'.
Do you own many purple things?
Other Colourful Collage Posts