Monday 6 April 2015

Easter 2015

I hope you're all having a great Easter. How was your weekend?

I've had a lovely, quiet Easter at home with my family. We've never really made a big deal out of Easter; not like we do with Christmas, anyway, so my weekend has mostly involved exchanging (and scoffing!) Easter eggs, sitting down for a turkey roast with the family, and watching a few Easter-themed films. I've tried to get in to the spirit a little more this year, though, and I've enjoyed myself. Would you like to see what I got up to?











Earlier in the week, I put a box of Easter chocolate together for my best friend and her son. I had to wrap it all up in pastel tissue paper, and the cutest Easter ribbons.



I had to buy these egg-shaped honeycomb decorations from Sainsburys last week. I hung some up downstairs and the rest in my bedroom, and they look so pretty and cheerful. I don't know what it is about honeycomb decorations, but I love 'em.







On Saturday afternoon, I actually managed to spend some time in the kitchen. I used to bake a lot, but these days I can barely manage to stay upright long enough to make toast. Okay, I only made super quick and easy, no bake goodies, and struggled like hell, but it was fun. I made two dozen cornflake cakes / bird nests, which were delicious, and quickly vanished over the weekend. So simple to make, but yet so good!





I also made a Nutella hazelnut cheesecake, which is another no-bake recipe, and pretty easy to make. The end result was a bit ugly and uneven, but it was absolutely delicious. 



I just had to share a photo of the dessert my sister made, and brought round for dinner yesterday. Doesn't it look amazing? I couldn't have any as I'm lactose in tolerant, but I think she said it's a lemon and peach mousse cake from a Hairy Bikers recipe.

If you're wondering about the Christmas mats... we ended up using them because my Mum couldn't find her other, non-festive ones! It was hilarious. I think I need to buy her some new ones. It shows just how often we all eat round the table together; two or three times a year, if we're lucky. 



I gave Easter eggs to my parents, sisters, and brother-in-law, but I couldn't resist giving them all a carton of Reese's Pieces eggs during dinner as an extra treat, too. I love Reece's Pieces, but this is the first time I've found American Easter goodies over here. I may have gotten a bit excited when I found them in Tescos a couple of weeks ago! I don't get out much...



My Easter loot. I'm looking forward to trying the Reece's Pieces eggs.



I challenged myself to watch this stack of DVDs, but I didn't get as far as the Chocolate Factory films. I have to watch Steel Magnolias every Easter without fail. I've been watching it every Easter since I was little, not just because it's one of my favourite films, but because it's insanely Easter-y. If you've never seen it, you really must!



I finished my Easter cross stitch over a month ago, but never managed to get it framed in time. I've pinned it up on my notice board instead, just for the weekend.


I gave myself a mint and lilac manicure. I thought it was about time I retired the dark Winter polishes for another year.


I wore this outfit yesterday, but didn't have the strength to pose for proper photos. I'm sorry they're so bad and grainy; I had to brighten them a lot as the daylight was so dark. I'll definitely snap photos of it outside this Spring; I loved wearing it, and will again. I'm wearing a red gingham Audrey dress from Lindy Bop, old mint green cardigan from New Look, old mint green bunny ears bag from ASOS, and a new tulip brooch from Cath Kidston.


No Easter bunnies were harmed in the making of this bag.

What did you get up to this Easter?

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Oooh, I am going to buy that dress too! Looks lovely on you and what a colourful Easter you had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You definitely need the dress, too; it's a real beauty. xx

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely outfit. And yay for Easter nests, I totally failed to make any, this year. I did make some Creme Egg brownies but didn't try one. In fact, I've still not had any chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Char! It's the first Easter I've made Easter nests in a long, long time. I bet those brownies were amazing. I can't believe you didn't eat one! I've only just finished my first Easter egg myself. I wasn't in a chocolate-y mood over Easter. xx

      Delete
  3. It looks like you had a lovely Easter - its really my favourite time of the year! I wanted to make some of those Easter nest things but I just ran out of time...yours look delicious and the cake looks great as well, I love nutella. Also I obviously love the cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trees! I did! It had a lovely weekend. I love this time of year, too. I haven't made Easter nests for years, but they were so good I think I need to make them more often. The cheesecake didn't look brilliant, but it was so delicious. Best one I've made yet. (Third time's a charm!) You just can't go wrong with Nutella! xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig