Sunday 13 July 2014

Sunday Favourites #90

Hey guys,

I can't believe it's Sunday again already! Where has the week gone? It feels like I only just wrote my last Sunday favourites post, but here I am with another one! I hope you enjoy it!


This lady has amazing hair! Just look at all those colours!


I also quite like this half coral, hair orange look. So much fun!


This is a great tutorial for a DIY colourblock bangle from the blog Lovely Indeed.


This piece of street art by an independent artist from Sao Paulo, Brazil is so beautiful.


Reese from the blog Reesey Peasy has the most fascinating studio.


Squee indeed! 


I adore this DIY for ice cream cone elbow patches from the blog Studio DIY.


These heart polka dot macarons and vanilla bean blueberry cupcakes are so pretty.


Kate from Scathingly Brilliant shared a sneak peek of her new room... it's pastel heaven, and one of the prettiest rooms I've ever seen!


This no bake strawberry milkshake cheesecake is quite possibly the most colourful cheesecake ever made.


It might at least get the day off to a good start, anyway, before somebody ruins your happiness.


Now this is some serious street art! 


I love this blue make up look from Bows and Curtseys.


I'm a little bit in love with this Fall Out Boy inspired tattoo. (The lyrics are from Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year).


I got bored of trying to be like everybody else well over a decade ago. I'd rather just be myself.




A man from Texas named Scott Wade created these drawings, and many others, by hand on dirty and dust-covered cars. Some of them are pretty damn amazing.


This piece of street art is so beautiful.


Another lady with gorgeous orange hair.


Could Quokkas be any cuter? They're so happy-looking!


This GIF is adorable.



[Source]

Raju the elephant endured fifty years of abuse by his captors in India, surviving on hand outs from tourists and often resorting to eating paper and plastic to fill his empty stomach. One night a UK charity came to rescue him, and they saw the elephant crying. They believe he knew he was finally being rescued. Now safe, the charity, Wildlife SOS, have launched a campaign to raise £10,000 so Raju can begin a new life in a new enclosure where he can roam with his new elephant family. Click through to the source if you want to donate or read more about his story.



 [Source] and [Source]

I love this inspiring collection of 18 empowering illustrations by Carol Rosetti, which remind everyone who's really in charge of women's body. There are illustrations aimed at a variety of issues, including body image, sexual orientation, ableism, identity, ageism, racism, and sexism. Click through and have a look at the others; they're brilliant!


And I just had to include this video of an adorable group of baby badgers!


And Some Other Things You Might Enjoy...

♥ I bloody loved Vicky's open letter to the Daily Fail, in response to a recent body-shaming article.

♥ Reese from the blog Reesey Peasy has an Aladdin's cave of wonders in her studio. I couldn't tear my eyes away from her studio tour!

♥ I loved having a peek at Esme and the Laneway's capsule wardrobe rail.


♥ If you suffer from the dreaded Chub Rub, you might want to have a read of these two posts: How to have a chafe-free summer and It's Chub Rub season: 10 solutions for inner-thigh chafing. You don't need to suffer.

♥ "I was fat-shamed at the salon-- here's what to do if it happens to you." I can't believe how rude some people can be!

♥ Cassiefairy's DIY tulle pom poms are so cute.

♥ After reading this post by the Girl with the Flower, I really want to visit Asia!

♥ This man saved 669 children during the Holocaust... and he doesn't know they're sitting next to him! If you're anything like me, this short video will bring a tear to your eye.


♥ A whole bunch of people on Facebook thought Steven Spielberg killed a real dinosaur. I kid you not. What are they teaching kids in school these days??

♥ I love this brilliant Harry Potter A-Z. "H is for Hagrid: flawless hairy man beast." "S is for Snape: personally victimized by shampoo!" 



♥ 22 signs you're the Emily Charlton of your work place. If you love The Devil Wears Prada, you should enjoy these collection of Emily GIFs.

♥ 24 life changing ways to store your make up and beauty products. Life changing is perhaps a bit over-exaggerating, but there's plenty of storage and display inspiration in this post.

♥ These 25 inspiring pictures of dogs before and after their rescues are both shocking and heart-warming. If I live to be a hundred, I will never understand how people can neglect and abuse animals like that, but at least these puppies got a second chance at a happy life.

♥ These 29 cats who failed so hard they won made me laugh out loud.

♥ 33 reasons why humanity is doomed... but we only need one: "Does it take 18 months for twins to be born or 9?" Are these people for real??

♥ 50 unbelievable acts of kindness that remind us there's still good people in this world. They seem to be a dying breed, but things like this always restores a little of my faith in humanity.



and I'll leave you with...


Have a great day!


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. So much cuteness and happiness in this post! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always here twice a day on a Sunday! I'm looking forward to getting back to normal when I used to sit here with my daughters on a Sunday and we would read Serendipity Sunday together (things may be changing round here re; my job!) we didn't do the Sunday Papers, we used to come here! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. 29 cats that failed so hard they won is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those animal transformations made me cry, but I was cheered up by the quokka! As usual, I've spent at least an hour diving through these links. x x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig