I hope you're all having a great week so far. Who's been enjoying this gorgeous summer weather we've been having in the UK this past week?
The sweltering heat has left me evaluating my wardrobe and noticing what I'm lacking. I'm in desperate need of some new sandals, summer sleepwear, and airy sundresses in breathable fabrics. It's only when it gets hot that I realise most of my dress collection isn't suitable for muggy summer weather, and all my PJs are too thick. I never seem to be prepared when the heat waves arrive, even though these wish lists are always filled with season-appropriate things! Time to start preparing...
1, 2, 3. These sweetheart fit and flare dresses from Dorothy Perkins are three of my new found favourites. I got quite excited when I saw the cherry print and heart print versions yesterday, and I may have ordered them last night along with the bow print dress. I've been determined not to use my store card, but I just couldn't resist finding out if they're as lovely as they seem. They're simple dresses, but they look ideal for the sweltering hot weather, and at £18 each they're very reasonably priced.
4, 6. This week I learnt that ASOS have a few pairs of wide fit sandals in their own collection called Family Affair. Whether these sandals will be wide enough for my mutant feet, I'm unsure, but I love these embellished, beaded, and rhinestoned sandals- especially the pink pair.
5. I love the shape and style of these pretty pink Samba heels from ASOS. I can't wear heels right now, so I'll just be admiring them from afar, but- how pretty?
7. I think this simple tan leather envelope cross body bag by Pieces is so classic, and would look great worn with some denim for festival season.
8. Another novelty print! No, I'm not predictable at all! This lip print swing vest from ASOS Curve would be perfect worn casually with shorts or tucked in to a midi skirt for summer.
9. I'm in love with this teal heart print dress from Praslin. It ticks all the right boxes; the colour and the print together are absolute perfection, and I would wear it everywhere.
10. I don't often see eye-to-eye with shirts as I'm broad-shouldered and most just gape on me, but I have a thing for black and red checks, and the checked shirt from ASOS Curve would be a welcome addition to my wardrobe.
11. I recently bought these Truffle jelly shoes in black and was surprised to discover that they fit my wide fit and were insanely comfortable. I didn't expect that at all. I'm now coveting a white pair so that I can wear them with all of my summeriest outfits. (The breaking in will be a bitch, though)!
12. If the return of jelly shoes wasn't enough, Dorothy Perkins have just introduced some jelly style satchels! I'll admit I actually quite like the look or the coral version; at least through my laptop screen.
13. If there's one thing my wardrobe is short of, it's shoes, and I'm quite taken with these simple mint two-part flats from New Look. The colour is beautiful, and would go perfectly with so many outfits.
14. While we're on the subject of mint, I also have my eye on the fabulous mint midi skirt from ASOS Curve. I can't get enough of the colour, and this skirt is a beauty.
15. I learned of an American rockabilly brand called Steady Clothing through the blog Junebugs and Georgia Peaches a few days ago, and immediately fell in love with the Strongman swing dress in light blue. It has the most amazing circus-themed print complete with strongmen, and well, you know me and novelty prints! It's made in sizes small up to a 2X (about a UK 22, I think), and they deliver worldwide. Tempting...
16. I desperately need some new sandals as I've not bought any for a few years now! I'm quite uninspired by the selection of wide fit sandals available so far this season, but these simple black strappy sandals from Evans would be ideal for every day wear.
17. And if two mint pieces wasn't enough this week, I'm also coveting a third in the form of a mint cross body bag from Dorothy Perkins. I have got something similar in apple green from River Island, though, but it doesn't hurt to admire it from afar, does it?
What's on your wish list this week?