Tuesday 24 December 2013

You Can Learn A Lot of Things From the Flowers

Merry Christmas Eve, lovelies!

I don't know where these last few weeks have gone, but Christmas Eve is finally here, and I'm looking forward to enjoying the next couple of days with my family at home. I'm pretty much organised now, and today should be spent making delicious desserts in the kitchen, and wrapping all of the presents my Dad has bought my Mum. Can you believe he still makes me do his wrapping for him at age sixty-seven? Lazy bugger! Haha!

I've managed to scrape together an outfit post for you today, after attempting to execute a photo session yesterday. Sadly it was lashing down with rain and the wind was howling, so the photos I attempted outdoors were a disaster. I was more than a little wind-swept! I then tried taking pictures in the living room, but they're not the greatest quality. My little camera just doesn't cooperate on the timer indoors, especially when it dark and dreary. I hope you won't hold it against me! It's been so long since my last outfit post, because I've not been out of bed much this month, that I think these shots are better than nothing.





Introducing my new pansy-print dress by Dorothy Perkins which I treated myself to a couple of weeks ago. 

I've loved pansies since I was a little girl, so when I saw this dress online I got insanely excited and just had to have it! There's something about their little faces and the beautiful colours they come in that I find irresistible, and they remind me of Disney's Alice in Wonderland, one of my favourite films. The pansies on this dress are black and white, and the fabric is a beautiful orange-red shade, which are a beautiful contrast against each other. Orange-red is one of my favourite colours to wear.

It's a very pretty dress, although the sizing is ridiculously tiny. I seem to find that to be the norm with DP dresses with fitted waists. I usually have to size up a couple of times. I've sized up once here, and it's still snug on the waist and on the sleeves. The waist is also unusually low by a couple of inches. Thankfully it has loosened since wearing it yesterday, and feels more comfortable on. It's made of viscose so it's comfortable to wear, reasonably thick, and of a decent quality, too. 

The dress comes in sizes 6-22UK, so it sadly doesn't cater to many plus sizes, but should fit you if you're about my size or smaller. I suspect anybody with a chest larger than a DD might struggle to get a comfortable fit. It's currently £35 online, but I saved about nine pounds with discount codes when I bought it. You can find it online here.

It's easily one of the loveliest, prettiest dresses I've bought since my fox print South dress, and I felt good in it; even if I was only wearing it around the house and the only people who saw it were delivery men!


Outfit Details



I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas with your family and friends; eat, drink, relax, party, and be merry!

Have a drink or two for me! I hope Santa is kind to you.
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Gorgeous dress, you look great - this perfect Christmas eve outfit! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty dress! Hope that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look gorgeous in your pretty pansy dress! your Dad is on to a winner there! getting you to wrap his presents! I hope you and your family have a Wonderful and very Happy Christmas, and with your yum desserts, I will definitely be having drinks tomorrow and will have one (or 3!) for you! Merry Christmas Louise x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely dress, it really suits you. I hope you have a great christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is fab. You look so pretty. I know what you mean about DottyP dresses. I have trouble getting my chest into them.

    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Louise! Have a fab day tomorrow. x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing in this the print is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so behind with my comments! Argh! I think this dress is just darling on you and the photos by the Christmas tree are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig