Friday 1 November 2013

Cobalt Blue and Pearls

Hey guys,

I hope you all had a great Halloween! What did you all get up to?

I did little more than carve a pumpkin and watch a couple of films (Hocus Pocus and Labyrinth have to be watched each year!). I've never really celebrated Halloween with proper dedication; the last time I went trick or treating, I was eleven, and the last Halloween party I went to was back in Brownies. Since then, I've just acknowledged the day with jack o' lanterns and movies. I wish we Brits marked All Hallows Eve the way you Americans do, as the festivities look amazing, but it's just not a huge deal over here. We market it more for kids. Saying that, I am content with my little traditions, and I had fun carving the pumpkin!

Moving on from Halloween, I've got a quick outfit to share with you today, which I wore a couple of weeks ago...




Firstly, I'm sorry for the quality of the photos. It was late in the afternoon when I snapped them, and it was also beginning to rain. But still, they're better than any I try to take indoors! (Which I'm trying to avoid doing because they're always terrible!)

A few months back during the summer, I won a New Look gift card from Becky and Betty's joint blog giveaway and this is one of the dresses I bought with it. I was drawn to the beautiful cobalt, because it's one of my favourite colours. Only, I completely forgot I had it and only rediscovered it the other week, hidden between a couple of other frocks. My wardrobe is just so crammed full of clothes now.

So of course, I made up for lost time and wore it. I really like this dress, but it's made from very thin fabric and doesn't conceal much- even though it's lined. You can see the shadow of my leggings in the photo, so perhaps I need to try it again with a slip underneath to make it a little more forgiving. It's very comfortable, though, and has a stretchy waist and pockets at the hips! Pockets! I can't believe I didn't know it had pockets until I took these photos! I love pockets! It also has pretty crochet detail to the neckline and hem.

I wore it with black leggings, and a blue shrug I bought on sale at M&Co for a few quid. I usually wear a clashing colour, but nothing in my wardrobe wanted to work with this dress, so cobalt it was. The longer sleeves are ideal for this time of year and it's really cosy. I also wore my studded navy slippers, and some pearl necklaces and bracelets.



These aren't great photos, but you can see the lace detailing, and a close up of the two necklaces I was wearing. (Apologies for the boobs!) I still adore the double cameo necklace that I won in Rachel's blog giveaway. I've barely taken it off all year!

Outfit Details

Dress-New Look Inspire // Shrug-M&Co // Leggings-New Look Inspire // Slippers-New Look // 
Pearl Bracelets-Matalan // Pearl Necklace-Matalan // Pearl and Cameo Duo Necklace-Rachel's Giveaway

I hope you all have a great Friday. I'm hoping to make it to our local bonfire and fireworks display tonight; let's see if I come back with any decent photos to share!

SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Stunning top! The neck detailing is fab!!! xoxx

    hsquaredblue

    ReplyDelete
  2. the dress is gorgeous (and with pockets, double bonus!) and such fab detail! the colour is so good on you, and of course with your red lippie, and your boobs are great! but I understand boobage! mine misbehave in some outfits hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra! I do love wearing cobalt and red lippie. I think boobs just enjoy misbehaving for us girls! Lol. xx

      Delete
  3. It's such a nice dress, the cobalt blue colour is lovely. Pockets on dresses and skirts are the best :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Pockets are the best! I don't know why that is, but it's true! xx

      Delete
  4. LOVE this colour on you! The shoes are amazing too. x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really look lovely in colbalt blue - it looks great with your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this dress the colour really suits you and it goes so well with the necklace xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm still loving the necklace you gave me to death! xx

      Delete
  7. I love this colour on you, so so pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig