Sunday 20 October 2013

Sunday Favourites #52

Hey guys,

It's time for another post of my favourite images of the week, so sit back, relax and enjoy! Oh, and if you're reading this whilst watching the Hollyoaks omnibus, make sure you have the tissues to hand. Just trust me on that one.


I love a good green and purple combo.


This is such a sweet design for a tattoo.


What a lovely way to display photos! I want to do this.


These cakes look so pretty.


Cath Kidston nails.


I love all the colour and pattern in this room.


This dress is a beauty!


Who wouldn't want to ride a carousel with a view of the Eiffel Tower?


This cockatoo scarf is fantastic.


This jewel toned braided look is gorgeous.


This made me cry.


Cats in buckets. They mean business. I wouldn't mess with them, if I were you... just a feeling I have...


There really aren't enough words to respond to these nineteen complaints... I mean, seriously? ''The beach was too sandy.'' "We... want to be re-reimbursed(?) for the fact I became pregnant." "Noone told us there would be fish in the water." I think the one about the time difference in flights home from Jamaica to America and England is the best one! People are idiots.


This photo really makes me smile. Cutest, loveliest photo ever? I think so!


Some really interesting art journal pages.


Love this idea for printing clouds!


Why do we not live on Neptune?


Why not carve a watermelon for Halloween?


This ballet dancer, Amelie Segarra, performed on point ballet (on the tips of the toes) on kitchen knives to show the dark intensity, dedication, and violence involved in ballet. Not only that, but she did so on top of a grand piano! Now that's some serious dancing! Ouch.


Can I live here, please?


This terrifying looking thing is called a Pacific Lamprey and the adults are parasites which latch on to fish with those gruesome mouths... I shall never be getting in to the water again.


Fancy a blind date with a book?


Love this rainbow eye make up look.


Isn't this beautiful?


These lipstick colours are amazing.


Cute Halloween and Autumnal macaroons.


A tutorial for a gorgeous Autumnal coloured pouffe. Who wants to make me one?


Just don't do it. Promise?


Sour watermelon gummy bears.


Strawberry Lemonade Vodka. Sounds delicious!


Why do we do this in the first place?


Can this be my bedroom, please?

[Source]

Want to make giant lolly pops? Do I even need to ask that question? 
[Source]

I can't believe I don't notice any of the extra thes when I read this without thinking about it.


~ This home tour over on A Beautiful Mess is absolutely beautiful.

~ This GIF set of Stephen Fry interviewing Simon Lokodo, Uganda's Minister for 'Ethics' and Integrity, about rape and homosexuality are so shocking and disgusting. How can anybody justify heterosexual rape,  because it is the 'right way' (IE. heterosexual) to have sex??

~ These GIFS of an orphaned baby otter swimming are adorable.



~ Vicky of The Curved Opinion spoke up about fat shaming earlier in the week, after she received some awful verbal abuse during the vileness that was 'fat shaming week.' 

~ Leah of Just Me, Leah also wrote about fat shaming and body confidence in light of that disgusting fat shaming hashtag.

~ What's in a Name? Curvy Vs Plus-Size Vs Full Figured... Which do you prefer to be labelled as? Or would you rather not be labelled at all?


~ I love this Ouija board clutch bag!


SHARE:

11 comments

  1. the Ugandan Minister for Ethics is an appalling person, just awful and he holds a position of power , I despair - the Pacific parasite freaked me out and the Thompson complaints are laughable! cute puppy and cute otter, I adore them! and I won't mess with a kitty in a bucket..ever! and I don't like 'out-size' hideous stuff, if I could go for dreams I would get rid of the plus-size section and we could have all styles in all sizes ahh dreams x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean the term 'out-size' btw, I have never liked it!

      Delete
    2. That little interview he did with Stephen Fry is absolutely disgraceful. How can anybody think like that? The lamprey freaked me out, too. Why nature, why? I wouldn't mess with a cat and its favourite hiding place, either! I have the same dream, Sandra. I wish all clothes could be available to every size. One day... xx

      Delete
    3. Don't worry, I understood what you meant. Out-size just sounds like 'unnatural, unwelcome, 'you don't belong' sizes'. I don't like it, either.

      Delete
  2. Whoa, that gif of the tube is freaky! Thanks for the link to my post. I love the home tour, blind book and the cute dog. The photo of the lamprey looks like something out of a horror film. Eek! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so weird! It hurt my brain. You're welcome, I thought your post deserved to be shared. The lamprey is so creepy! Apparently monsters ARE real! Lol xx

      Delete
  3. Another set of pretty pictures and thanks so much for clearing up that whole "what kind of chicken is this fluffy chicken" thing on my blog! I just have to say though, this whole "fat shaming week" thing is just HORRIBLE. I first read about it on Tess Munsters Instagram and I can't even believe that's a thing. Why are people so horrible to each other and also like those people on twitter said, how is it really different to any other day? Seems its always "ok" to judge people based on their weight - more so if you are judging women! Sorry about my rant, it just makes me so angry!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Just another part of Louise's random useless information skills! I just remember looking after some every now and again, and how cute they were! I agree, the fat shaming week was absolutely awful. I don't know why people can be so horrible to other people- often people they don't even know, and totally unprovoked. Why do most people judge others by weight and feel it's alright to fat shame anyone larger than them? It's the last 'acceptable' form of abuse. I've never understood why people can be so nasty. I've always just judged people by their character. Don't be sorry for your rant- I completely agree with you! xx

      Delete
  4. the hollyoaks this week was so sad!! love this weeks post, cats in buckets esp! and the silly holiday complaints xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was more than my emotions could handle! I bawled- especially when Doug died. Thanks lovely xx

      Delete
  5. Thanks, Vicky! I'm glad you enjoyed it. And you're very welcome! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig