Sunday 3 March 2013

Sunday Favourites #19

Morning lovelies,

I hope you're all having a wonderfully relaxing Sunday, or have been enjoying yourselves if you've been out and about today. What have you all been up to?

I'm pretty sure my Sunday is going to consist of reading some more of my book- Dean Koontz's Sole Survivor- which I'm struggling to put down to blog (it's gripping stuff!), and adding more items to eBay. I have several items ending this evening, and others tomorrow, and a few things listed until next Saturday so be sure to check my eBay page out for new and used clothes. There's also a digital camera up at the moment.

Before you hop on over for a browse, here's a little post of inspiration to sink your teeth in to first...


A print from Sweet and Lovely's shop which is the best quote ever. There really is no such thing as too many dresses, and I can think of a few of you who'll agree with that. Aren't I right, Rachel?!

All bodies demand respect. All bodies are beautiful!


These butterfly nails are fantastic! They're so different to anything I've ever seen before, and I'm dying to give them a try.


Love these green ombre nails.


How lovely is this dress?!


I adore Beth Ditto's outfit here. The red polka dot dress is stunning, and those cute cobalt blue pumps work so well with it. She looks amazing!


I love the combination of navy, burgundy, and yellow with a little splash of polka dots. I'm going to have to try these colours together. So beautiful.


This is so true. We're all guilty of saying negative things about our bodies.


You're worth so much more than your appearance.


This is one lady's definition of Fatshion, and it's awesome!


In the January 2012 issue of Plus Size Magazine, plus size model, Katya Zharkova was featured in a very interesting and eye opening feature about size and beauty. The feature included some very enlightening statements and statistics, such as these, which I've quoted:

- Twenty years ago the average fashion model weighed 8% less than the average woman. Today, she weighs 23% less.
- Ten years ago plus-size models averaged between size 12 and 18. Today the need for size diversity within the plus-size modeling industry continues to be questioned. The majority of plus-size models on agency boards are between a size 6 and 14, while the customers continue to express their dissatisfaction.

The editorial also stated ways which we can help create change by voicing our opinions, providing our opinions and feedback to brands and designers, and supporting the Indie designers. I found it really interesting and enlightening.

I also love this quote: 

The answer to the question is this, there is nothing wrong with our bodies. We are bombarded with weight-loss ads every single day, multiple times a day because it’s a multi-billion dollar industry that preys on the fear of being fat. Not everyone is meant to be skinny, our bodies are beautiful and we are not talking about health here because not every skinny person is healthy.

You can read the article here and see the rest of the photos here.


Bodies come in all shapes and sizes. It doesn't matter if you're a size zero or a size thirty two, or bigger... Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.  


A brilliant quote, and one I truly believe in.


The things dogs will eat.... My sister and I once left her old German Shepherd, Misty, unattended for five minutes while we popped to the garage. We came home to find Misty had devoured an entire raw chicken, including the bones... and the cellophane packaging... all she left was the Styrofoam tray. We only realised when we saw the blood from the meat on the landing walls, and the empty tray! Sneaky animal! She was so funny.


Eventually that relationship is going to end badly for the rat. That I am sure of.


I've always wanted to make a cake with rainbow layers. This one looks particularly awesome. I miss being able to spend a lazy day off baking in the kitchen and teaching myself how to bake new recipes.


I want a house with floors made of water! I could just swim from room to room!


One news story I found particularly heart warming this week was the story of a homeless man called Billy Ray Harris who was accidentally given an engagement ring instead of some loose change by a woman called Sarah Darling. The man, being one of those rare, honest people, held on to the ring for safe keeping until the woman returned the next day in desperation to find it. The woman and her fiance were so grateful to the man for returning the ring that they set up an online donation page for the homeless man... which raised $150,000 for him in less a fortnight because people were so touched by his honesty! Donations came from all around the world, and is enough for Mr Harris to get off the streets and buy himself a home! He told local television station KCTV: "What I actually feel is, "What is the world coming to when a person returns something that doesn't belong to him and all this happens?" I agree. I think it's sad honesty is a rare trait these days, but it's amazing how people have rewarded his act of kindness with their own.


Where is this work place? Can I work there?

Which image or quote is your favourite?

Thanks for reading,
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. We had rats and cats together and the rats used to climb all over the cats but they never even flinched. They were friends :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, really? You must have had some really placid cats! I've always wanted a pet rat; they're so cute! xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig