Sunday 9 December 2012

Sunday Inspiration

Here's a little of what's been inspiring me this week...

[Source]

Pretty red hair and a blossom crown.

[Source]

This tutorial is so simple yet so impressive!

[Source]

Cara of ilikeprettyclothes looking fabulous  in yet another drop dead gorgeous frock. May I have this dress in my size please? It's the ultimate perfect dress.

[Source]

[Source]

Two ladies both looking fabulous in this Pin Up Clothing dress. I couldn't decide who rocked it best, so I included them both. I've been admiring this dress all year. There's something about this pattern which reminds me of a red rose dress I wore when I was little. I can't wait until I'm in a position to treat myself to a few PUG dresses as the whole range is beautiful, but currently out of my budget.

[Source]

Red and leopard print <3

[Source]

I love that floral skirt!

[Source]

This lady's outfit is so pretty!

[Source]

I'm completely smitten with this stunning little number. I can't decide if I prefer this one or the red... This woman looks fantastic in both.

[Source]

Beautifully done. I've never seen anything like it.

[Source]

This is too cute.

[Source]

Isn't this stag tattoo gorgeous?

[Source]

So intricate!

[Source]

Roses are red... violets are.. roses are blue...

I love these blue rose tattoos. Really love them. Possible future tattoo?

[Source]

"You are just as fucking beautiful as any other woman!"

[Source]

Amen.

[Source]

If I had a pound for every time I've heard a woman say they wish they could wear something but can't because of their size, I'd be a very rich woman. It's a conversation that I've heard almost every day of my life, and I guess there were times in the past when I said it myself, too. I find myself genuinely reassuring the person that she have a gorgeous figure, and try to encourage her to wear what she wants now, not after she's dropped a dress size, but those insecurities don't disappear from a little reassurance.

 The way I moved past this state of mind, was by taking garments that seemed almost alien to me in to the changing rooms with me (and my boring attire), just for a bit of fun. It led to so many pleasant surprises. I may have been a little larger than the average woman, but I began to like the way I looked in colour and fitted dresses, amongst other things. I became more daring and decided I wasn't going to let my size stop me from wearing what I wanted to, and by trying on clothes that I was drawn to, I soon discovered my style. I learnt to enjoy fashion now, and not to wait until I was 'thin'. And, you know what, I can't think of one bad social situation that occurred as a result of dressing in the colourful, fitted clothes I love! I now have a wardrobe full of beautiful clothes, and my self-confidence is higher than ever before because I feel good in the clothes I want to wear.

Don't let your size stop you from wearing the outfits you long to wear. Try everything on, and if you love it, wear it!

[Source]

There is nothing wrong with being who you are, and don't ever let anybody make you feel like there is. Forget about the people who don't have time for you, keep being your wonderful self, and surround yourself with people who love you for who you are! Quirks an' all.

[Source]

I agree.

"If you smile
Through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile."



[Source]

Conquering our fears can lead to brighter days.


[Source]

This.


The most disturbing image I saw this week has to be this one. This man was pushed on to the tracks of a subway (accidentally or on purpose, I don't know), and was tragically killed by a train soon after. There were other people on the platform, but it doesn't appear that anybody tried to save him, yet at least a minute passed before the train hit him. One man claimed he was running towards the victim and using the flash to alert the driver, yet he was able to take the clear level image on the newspaper. Stories like this make me hate humans.

But then I saw this...

[Source]

I found myself entranced by this video of a small group of people working frantically to save a humpback whale which was badly tangled in a fishing net. It was in distress, and would have died if this group hadn't discovered it by chance out at sea. The footage was really moving, and it helped to restore a little of my faith in mankind. There are still some good people left in the world.

[Source]

And finally, this is probably funnier than it should be!

I'm easily amused!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great inspiration as usual. Loved reading about how you started wearing what you wanted despite of your size. That's a great lesson. I'm still struggling with that...
    Loved the whale story! So amazing!:)
    Love,
    Diana from http://thegirlwhocouldntbeafashionista.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana. I'm still not 100% comfortable with every part of my body, but I've come a long way over the last decade. All I can say is just try on everything you're drawn to, and if you like how it looks on you, buy it. I started off by wearing those 'alien' pieces around the house, and gradually found the courage to start wearing them in public, too. It's all about baby steps.

      Wasn't the whale story amazing?! :)

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig