Saturday 27 October 2012

Woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head

I've been such a bad outfit blogger recently, and for that I'm sorry. My outfit posts have been few and far between, and of terrible quality. I've been wanting to share outfits with you, but I've either been waking so late in the afternoon the light has been terrible and really not worth taking photos, or I've not been getting dressed at all.

 Mostly I've been spending days on end in my pyjamas concentrating on just getting through one day to the next in a particularly testing spell of pain. During the 'bad' days I can do little more than lie on my side in bed and surf the net, or read, and getting showered and dressed becomes an impossible task and to be honest, the least of my worries.

I am trying to push myself to get out of the house with my Mum every now and then, for the sake of my sanity than anything else. Today, I popped in to town six miles down the road with her for a browse. I started my Christmas shopping and bought my first little something for my older Sister. I also managed to find the new Schwarzkopf Pillar Box Red hair dye I've been dying to try, and can't wait to give that a whirl in a few days.

I took a few photos of my outfit, but I can't deny how terrible the quality of them is. My camera timer makes me grainy at the best of times, so taking them as the sun was going down was always going to be a recipe for disaster. Since it's been so long since my last OOTD, I decided to share them anyway, but I've kept them small because of the quality. I hope you'll forgive me, and look past the graininess. I'll try to put something better together soon.


Today, I fished out this lovely black bird printed dress from the depths of my wardrobe. I bought it from Dorothy Perkins back in the Spring but I hadn't worn it in several months. I love everything about this particular number; the quirky print, the shape, and the length. I now remember just why I had to buy it in brown as well! 

I dressed it with black leggings, and my favourite cobalt blue cardigan. I'm so in love with it. It's so soft and vibrant, so worth the £10 I paid for it.


The dress has this lovely bird print all across it.



I accessorised with my new tartan flatforms; my new purple and teal polka dot snood; a lizard ring; and my old owl brooch. I was also wearing a feather necklace but managed to break it the second I got home.



The flatforms are from River Island, which I bought from ASOS about a fortnight ago. I was initially hesitant about ordering a pair of flatforms as I wasn't sure if they'd one be suitable footwear for my current situation, and two if they'd fit my wide feet. Thankfully, I needn't of worried. They're the perfect fit, and so comfortable! 

The flatforms are made from a vibrant red tartan, which has a quilted appearance, and has studded toe caps.  I'd say the wedge is about an inch or so at the heel. They were a fantastic buy at just £25.


The gecko ring came from Matalan a couple of months ago, and is stretchy so would fit most fingers. It's a couple of inches long so makes a good statement.

I bought the owl brooch a couple of years ago, which I think came from Accessorize, but it could have been Topshop. This was before this style of owl jewellery popped up everywhere. I love owls, but am beginning to feel a bit tired of seeing the same owl jewellery everywhere I turn.


And finally, this awful photo shows my new Topshop snood which isn't quite burgundy, and not quite purple either but what I am certain of is it's gorgeous. It has teal polka dots , and is long enough to wrap twice around my neck. It's quite thin, though, so I'm planning to buy myself something thicker for the cold- probably a teal knitted one I have my eye on.

Dress: Dorothy Perkins
Leggings: New Look
Cardigan: Matalan
Flatforms: River Island (via ASOS)
Snood: Topshop
Ring: Matalan
Brooch: Either Accessorize or Topshop (I can't remember which).

I'll try to be back with another, better outfit post soon.

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Such a cute print on your frock and I LOVE those flatforms - I bought a pair of flatforms myself today :D They seem very comfortable - hopefully they will be ok for standing 8 plus hours at work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the print, and I've barely taken the flatforms off my feet since I got them. I think this type of flatform are quite comfortable, so I think your feet will thank you after a long day. Can't hurt more than wearing very flat shoes like pumps, surely?

      Delete
  2. you look utterly adorable! love the outfit. ^^<3
    and those shoes are super cute! b^^d
    MMxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you. :) I'm in love with these shoes! They're amazing. xx

      Delete
  3. Looking beautiful lovely :) great outfit as always xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you're far too nice! Thanks hun xx

      Delete
  4. Blue and black is such a underrated color combination in my opinion... also, I love the pattern mixing with the tartan and bird print, and how you stuck with the animal theme for the accessories... very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. I actually love the two together. Thank you! I quite liked the two together, and well, you know me and my animal accessories! :)

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig