Friday 26 October 2012

Golden Glittery Autumnal Nails

Lately, I've taken to painting my nails in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. In the early hours of the morning whilst the majority of Britain slept, I was wide awake experimenting with a couple of polishes and curiously creating a new look.

I dressed a bronze-gold polish with a layer of pink and black glitter, and I'm in love with the result!


I haven't worn a brown or bronze nail in at least a decade, and I'm really not sure why. I had seen NYC polishes in beautiful Autumnal tones on several blogs, and was particularly taken with a lovely rustic colour, so I made it my mission to track it down when I visited Superdrug last week. And find it I did. I was curious to what the big deal with budget brand NYC's cosmetics was all about, and for just £1.79 I felt it was worth finding out.



For this look I used:

 NYC In A New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish in Backstage Brown.
Barry M Nail Paint in Ruby Glitter.
and Inglot Techno UV Top Coat.

I applied two coats of the NYC Backstage Brown, and found it worked like a dream. It has a tapered lid which was easy to hold and control the brush strokes, and a long enough brush to reach the bottom of the pot. The nail polish painted with ease, and dried swiftly and smoothly. Even after the second coat was applied the texture remained flawlessly polished. I'm very impressed with my first experience of this polish, and am in love with the elegant bronze-gold colour. It's accessorises perfectly with a backdrop of Autumn leaves!

Once these two coats were dry, I then painted a layer of Barry M's Ruby Glitter over the top. It's best to paint this in quick fluid strokes (just one to the middle and one either side). If numerous strokes are applied on top of each other than it tends to dry rather gloopy. I've used this polish a couple of times since I bought it a week or so ago, and it's become my new favourite polish. It's a clear varnish with black and hot pink flecks of glitter, and it makes my nails look so pretty!

To finish I used my Inglot top coat to seal and protect the glittery layer. My pot is a little discoloured from nail polish remover wipes, so please excuse it's appearance.


And voila! Glittery golden nails. They still need tidying up, but I think I've found my new favourite nail look for Autumn.


I just know I'll be recreating this look repeatedly this season.

Pretty great nails for two budget brands, I must say!

Have you used these polishes before? Have you tried NYC or Barry M nail polishes yet?

What do you think?

P.S. I may have an outfit post for you soon. I'm off to see if I any of my photos can be shared.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. wow, i really love these! very autumnal indeed. you're making me want the ruby glitter polish SO much xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! You NEED to buy the ruby glitter. Seriously. It's amazing! It would be perfect for you xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig