Wednesday 15 August 2012

Wish List Wednesday

Evening everyone,

Over the last couple of weeks I've been trying to look for ways to improve my blog, and I've been brain storming away while I've been off the radar. I've been thinking about topics I could post about on a regular basis along side my outfit posts, and one of the ideas I have is to post a weekly round up of the items at the top of my shopping wish list... oh so "creatively" named 'Wish List Wednesday'.

I'm aware that it's not an original idea; it's a feature seen regularly on most personal style blogs, and I've done my fair share of them in the past, but instead of just putting together posts on things that have caught my eye from each brand every once in a while (which I will still do), this will be a weekly feature about the things I've set my heart on buying.
.
Wednesday seemed like a good day to review these favourites since I get paid on every other Thursday. So, without further ado, here is my first Wednesday Wish List.




This cardigan comes in a rainbow of colours but this gorgeous dark green one has caught my eye most. If you ask me there aren't enough green things in the fashion world. I layer cardigans over almost everything- dresses, jeans, skirts, jumpsuits... and need some new long sleeved ones to wear this Autumn/Winter. Dark greens are set to be big next season, and at £12.99 this one is really reasonable and won't break the bank.


I've made it my mission to collect the new range of Lush eye colours after falling in love with my first purchase a few weeks ago. If you've been following my blog for a few weeks you'll already be fed up of me rabbiting on about them, but they really are fantastic. The colours are vibrant, long lasting, and nourishing, and the colours have won me over. I want this gold eye liner to wear with the green I purchased last week.

3. Mocha Floral Border Prom Dress from Dorothy Perkins.

I've been eyeing up this dress all season, and think it would be the perfect dress to wear for Autumn. The brown print would be a lot softer against my pale skin than black, and also a change from all the bright colours I tend to be drawn to. It's also on sale for £22 now with a further 20% off.

4. Wide Fit Studded Slipper Shoes in purple and black from New Look.

I've loved the studded slipper trend which has been around all year. I already own a pair of the Topshop ones, which I love but because I've got really wide fit (I blame my Mother!), they are a little tight across the widest part of my foot. So when I came across these New Look ones a week or two ago, I knew I wanted a pair. They're far more subtle and understated than the Topshop ones, but I think they'd look good with a pair of jeans or jeggings when it gets colder. My only problem is choosing which colour to go for! Maybe for £17.99 I could buy both?

5. H&M Blouse in Dark Green.

Yes, I still have my eye on this blouse. I can't help loving a blouse in such a beautiful shade of green! I have so many possible outfit scenarios in my head- it would work with several of my skirts, over jeggings, perhaps with my red or cobalt jeans, even under a dress or two. I'm not usually a fan of blouses, but this one is stunning.

6. Raspberry Bird Cage Print Dress from Dorothy Perkins.

I've been admiring this pretty dress since it landed online a month or two ago. I love the rich shade of dark pink, and the print, and love the idea of wearing such a warm colour on frosty Winter days. I am a little disappointed that it's made from Polyester, but I may be able to look past that just this once...


I came across this dress today, and have fallen in love with the polka dots and the lace detailing to the hem. It's gorgeous, but at £40.00 I'll probably wait to see if it comes down in price first.

8. Ruby's Closet Leopard Print Zip Dress from New Look.

Yesterday I discovered that New Look have added some of AX Paris' lines under the name of Ruby's Closet. As you know I love my two zip front dresses, so coming across another in leopard print made me stop and take notice. A good design for A/W, perhaps?


I really love the variety of colours in the range of H&M ballet pumps, and how they're so inexpensive- at £7.99 why stop at one? My only concern is whether or not they'd fit my monstrous feet.


This dress has been in the sale for a while now, and I can't help returning for another look every now and again. I'm drawn to little details like the broiderie anglaise and scalloped detailing on this one. I can't decide if the colour would wash me out, but I could always dye it a different colour.


I love me a pretty collar, and this one would be perfect for restyling a few old or basic tops.


I'm always on the look out for new ways to brighten up my nails, and really love this set of rainbow polka dot nail wraps. They combine two of my favourite things- polka dots and colour!

13. Oasis Cameo Stud Earrings from ASOS.

These little rose cameo studs are gorgeous. I really have a thing for cameo jewellery, and these would be a lovely addition to my collection.

14. Holly Trill Illustrated Bunny Rabbit Brooch from Etsy.

After seeing Nita of Pashteit wearing this brooch in one of her recent outfit posts, I fell in love with it. I love bunnies; I've been a bunny owner for over ten years, and am sure I'm going to be a crazy bunny lady when I'm old and grey. Some people are cat ladies, I'll be a bunny lady. So, it didn't take me long to fall in love with the brooch and I know I have to have one.

and last but not least...

15. Yenzi Owl Across Body Bag from Accessorize.

Isn't the owl bag amazing? Well, I think it is! I think I'm a little obsessed with incorporating animals in to my outfits. I don't set out to do it, but they always win me over. This bag would make a good day bag for those casual days.

Have you got any of these items on your own wish lists?

Which is your favourite?

As always, thank you for reading, and thanks for all your lovely comments recently. I don't say it enough. x



SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Oh man I'm in love with all that green and purple. The dresses are cute, too, I think the Asos Curve one is my fave.
    And yaaay the bunny brooch! Seeing it always makes me smile. We could be old bunny ladies together, I've always had some little fur ball running around until recently :)

    Great picks as always sweetie ♥

    PS: your feet are not monstrous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green and purple are two of my favourite colours and I feel they're not used enough! It would be hard not to smile at that bunny brooch. It's too cute. We should be old bunny ladies together!

      Thanks hun. And yes, my feet are monstrous! They're so wide!

      Delete
  2. I love this idea! I also have eyes on that asos skater dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The skater dress is so pretty!

      Delete
  3. I love the brooch I'm off to look at that now xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see you wearing the brooch! Perfect with your dress collection xx

      Delete
  4. LOVE those colours. i have fantasy and it's sooo good! also, yesterday i used my motivation as a liquid liner and it worked surprisingly well yay! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After all the pastels from s/s it's been nice to see the deeper hues for a change! Fantasy looks amazing; I love a gold eyeliner/shadow. Motivation is really stunning. It didn't budge all day and the colour is to die for. I'm so impressed with the new make up line, but after how good B make up used to be I'm not surprised xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig