Saturday 28 July 2012

I'd give you the news but nothin's changed...

Hey guys,

I hope everyone's being having a great week, The heat wave has lasted all week here, and it's still stifling hot as I write this at three in the morning. It's been lovely to see blue skies and sunshine. I can't remember the last time it was so hot, but it has been hard to cope with the heat and humidity through the nights. I'm terrified of daddy long legs so I usually shut my windows when it gets dark to keep them out, and end up half-suffocated in the process. It's really much too hot to close the windows, so I've came up with the genius idea of sellotaping a thin sarong over the window! Problem solved. It really does work to keep the bugs out, and the air in!

It's hard to dress properly in the heat we've had. My bedroom is a sauna at the best of times, and I can't go downstairs or in to the shade where it's cooler.  I've really not been motivated to dress well at all this week. I've been more concerned about trying to keep cool- which so far I've failed at.

I really wanted to wear my new dress, but ten minutes after taking the photos I was so overheated I was back in the thin cotton sundress! Still, I wanted to quickly share it with you.






You may remember seeing my navy fish print dress exactly like this one not too long ago. It's a dress I adore because the shape is so unusual, so I kept returning to the website to admire the other designs. When I saw this one had gone in to the sale, I knew I had to have it.

This dress is a bright and cheerful shade of yellow with a bird print all over it. The fabric is a little sheer, which I wasn't expecting, so I'll need to invest in some white/nude underwear to be able to wear it outside. I think the dress would look better over white leggings, but I'm not sure how much will be on show through the dress!

It was far too hot to accessorize the dress, but I was wearing my new Lush make up. More on that in my next post!

Dress: AX Paris
Leggings: New Look



This dress is still in the sale and can be found here. It's currently just £17.99.

The navy fish print version is also in the sale here.

I love these dresses, and they're worth checking out. They're so comfortable and roomy. I sized up but I really didn't have to. Although it's a hip-heavy shape, I don't feel like the dresses add width to my curvy hips as the capped sleeves help to balance the shape.

Well, that's all from me for now. I'm off to watch Walk The Line until I fall asleep.

Have you shopped with AX Paris yet?


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. yay! you look like summer :) and i loove walk the line, such a great film xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Hannah! It really is a great film- I love Joaquin Phoenix (rap career hoax thing aside)! xx

      Delete
  2. You look cute! I like the color, especially with your hair, and the style of the dress is really unusual :)

    And I love your new background btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nita! I never expected yellow to work with my red hair!

      Double thanks! :)

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig