Thursday 14 June 2012

"When you diss it's just food for the flowers to grow"

My pink Matalan asymmetric skirt came this afternoon. The jersey fabric is a very bold hot pink, and just a little bit see-through. I was enjoying playing dress up with this skirt, until my Mum came up and said that she didn't like it (on me or at all), which has kinda put a downer on it for me now. She told me to stick with dresses.

Now, I enjoy trying something new. I'm not really colour shy... perhaps just a little with hot pink combined with bright orange, but I think it's fun and summery. It makes me want to stack Indian bangles on my arms and walk barefoot in the sunshine. Yes, I probably should wear it with a slip or even a pair of leggings underneath to keep myself from giving some poor unsuspecting person an eye-full. And yes, it probably widens my curves a little, but I like it.

What do you guys think?






I'm a little wonky! I don't seem to stand so straight these days. I blame the back.

I tried it on with this Aztec orange and pink knotted tee (that I bought last summer), and decided it worked best tucked in, and then tried on different cardis until I concluded I preferred the coral with it best. I have purple nail polish on my toes, and purple studs in my ears. As the clothes are so bright, I decided to keep my arms simple and just added a ring, but I did add my crazy wooden necklace which has a lot of pink, orange, and purple in it to keep the look fun.




I took my nail polish off to repaint and they're all stained (yuck!), so please excuse the hand shot. I'm just about to repaint them. I decided not to wait until I'd painted them to take photos, as it's raining outside and the light is fading fast.

I bought the ring yesterday, but I've had the necklace for about three years now. I recently dug it out and started wearing it again.

Skirt: Matalan
Top: Dorothy Perkins
Shrug: Lovedrobe @ New Look
Necklace: Dorothy Perkins
Ring: Evans

Well, I'm off to paint my nails...

Are you embracing this season's hi-lo hem trend?

SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I'll be honest with you, I'm not feeling the hi-lo trend as a whole :(
    BUT these colors are amazing, I love how you put them together, and the print of the top is great with the cardigan imo. The color of the skirt is fab, too, and the fabric looks very light and flow-y, great for summer.
    I think it looks great *on you*, it's just not my cup of tea with the hem, but it's still a great way to wear this trend if you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not for everyone.
      Thanks for all the nice comments. I personally like the trend and I like teaming these colours together :)

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty outfit. You look lovely. As long as you like it, then that's the only opinion that matters. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma :). I guess that's true, but it is nice when others appreciate outfits too xx

      Delete
  3. I love that skirt it looks great on you id wear it with a white top just so the pink stood out more but I like how you styled it too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel :). I would have teamed it with white, but I don't have any plane white tops. I did try the white cropped cardi over the top but it didn't look quite right with the rest of it. xx

      Delete
    2. You can get every colour cami's in primark for £2 I got a white one the other week xx

      Delete
    3. I know, but I can't get to one as I'm house bound with the back and the nearest Primark is 20 miles away. I'll have to try DP, New Look or Matalan online instead xx

      Delete
    4. aww yeah sorry thought maybe family could call in if it was close you could also try forever 21 i think they have pretty cheap ones too xx

      Delete
    5. Don't be sorry. No worries. I never get round to buying basics. i always see too many patterned things I like instead. I'm sure I can pick up a couple on line- I keep coming across them. Matalan do a lot of basics, too. I have absolutley no idea what sizing to go for on Forever 21- it always confuses me xx

      Delete
  4. I love this skirt, love the colours you have worn it with too. I'd probably have worn black - as that's all I ever wear with bright colours, so good on you for being bold :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linz! I may have felt differently being so brightly coloured out of the house though! But I do love these colours together. I do often tone clothes down with some black, too :) x

      Delete
  5. you love it! - you are happy! - exagerated curves? bring it on! i think because this is so different to your dresses, maybe its out of your comfort zone ( or maybe i know nothing!!) i like the hi-lo trend, but i know i wouldn't wear it (comfort zone) but i recently bought palazzo polka dot pants (wiiide legs) to the floor - i wore them, slightly self conscious (still sashayed!!!) and i love them! and you love your skirt and pink loves you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria, your comments always make me smile! It doesn't feel out of my comfort zone at all to be honest. Though, I may chicken out from dressing so brightly outdoors, who knows. I love how palazzo pants look on some people (don't like the wide legs on me(, but I bet you totally rock them! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Orange and pink are a great combination and your statement necklace is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shey :). I do love orange and pink together. You always wear the best necklaces!

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig