Saturday 9 June 2012

Talkin' about butterflies (and worries) in my head

Me again,

Back to share today's outfit with you all.

And yes, I did just quote Crazy Town. Oh the shame. Moving on...

I had an overwhelming urge to wear this floaty tunic that I bought last Spring, but which so far was yet to see the light of day. The tunic is so pretty, but it's another case of my lack of self-confidence with my legs. This complex with my legs stops me flashing even a small amount of thigh outdoors.


Of course, I'm stuck indoors and not going anywhere, but it's even had me debating whether to post a photo of the outfit to share with you as I hate my legs so much. I created this blog to help with my self-confidence; to get over these complexes, so I will blog about it... but please be kind.




The tunic is so soft and layered, and has a monochrome floral pattern all over it mixed with lots of colourful butterflies. I love the longer delicate sleeves, as they hide my arms without needing to cover up with a cardigan. Today I've worn it with a necklace of keys; a bracelet with jewels in peacock colours; a pair of purple rose earrings; and I feel as it's such a romantic fabric, that my quilted heart-shaped bag would work nicely with it.


I have a little bit of an obsession with keys. I picked up this necklace in the London Heathrow branch of Accessorize before I jetted off to the States last summer.


I've had this bracelet for a couple of years, and I love the mixture of colours and textures.




This bag was picked up on a day-trip to London a couple of years ago. I almost got crushed in the Oxford Street Topshop trying to get to the till to buy it as it was packed full of tourists.


The shot of my ear only reminds me how desperately I need to dye my hair. Unfortunately, it's no easy feat for me right now, as I can't sit up for long enough for the colour to set.

And, for no particular reason, here's a little sneak peek at part of my dressing table...

Tunic: New Look
Leggings: New Look
Earrings: Accessorize
Necklace: Accessorize
Bracelet: Dorothy Perkins (I think)
Bag: Topshop

SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Such a pretty top, and I love all the accessories! And girl, you've got gorgeous legs, and I'm proud of you for posting your outfit and showing them off a bit! :)

    www.diyfatshion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani; you've made my day! I always admire blogs like yours with ladies confidently baring their legs. I can bare my legs below the knee in leggings and tights; but hate my thighs. Maybe one day I'll get there :)

      Delete
  2. looking lovely you have fantabulous legs twit twoo go you for getting them out xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Rachel :) You've really made my day. I'm not sure I'd manage to go out of the house like this, though xx

      Delete
  3. I love anything with butterflies on it, and this is no exception! :) The heart shaped bag is gorgeous too <3 I completely understand you being nervous about getting your legs out, I'm exactly the same - thing is it's probably only you that thinks there's anything wrong with them! I think they look fabulouso! :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love butterflies, too. :) I think it's a common worry, and I think you're right; it's probably just me. I'm not even sure anybody has even critisized my legs to my face since I was at school... Aw thank you Sarah! Your lovely comment has made my day! Yours are lovely, too :D xx

      Delete
  4. My favorite part about this outfit is the sleeves, I love this shape but never wear it because I'm not 100% at peace with my shoulders :( but it looks sooo beautiful on you! Very chic but romantic at the same time :)
    As always I love your accessories, especially the bracelet... such pretty colors!

    Your legs are fine btw, more than that, I think they are perfect just the way they are :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have lovely shoulders, Nita, and I think this style would look amazing on you! I'm uncomfortable with my shoulders, too, as they're so wide. Thanks hun :)

      Aw you're too nice! Thank you so much :) You've made my night along with all these other lovely ladies :) xx

      Delete
  5. well done you! putting yourself out there, doing something that is so difficult is commendable - the tunic is pretty and your legs look great (they are a great shape) love the accessories too x ps my tummy is my difficult area - i have learned to dress as well as possible in the morning and then avoid hostile mirrors with my cynical eyes! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria :). You're far too nice for saying that. Really means a lot! I find most of our 'problem areas' are only a problem to us; others don't normally notice what we consider flaws! x

      Delete
  6. that tunic looks beautiful on you! i understand what it's like to have a complex with certain things, and maybe not see yourself clearly, but know that from all your readers point of view you really do look great (: xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hannah :). All of these lovely comments from you and my other gorgeous readers has really lifted my confidence. It means a lot, so thank you :) xx

      Delete
  7. I have this tunic too. You look great! I feel pregnant when I wear it. :-(

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig