Tuesday 12 June 2012

Monday you can fall apart...

Monday was a bit of a write-off day for me. I spent half of it getting organised with various bits of paperwork I had to fill in and send (go me!), and the rest lying in a foetal position traumatised by all the questions I had to answer.

Okay, that's only half true. I actually found myself with a very angry back from pushing myself too far. Apparently even simple tasks like cleaning up a spilled drink are more than I can manage these days. I wrecked a few unread glossy magazines, and sent Mum out for replacements. At least I've gained another Ciate nail polish and a Benefit mascara to show for my wasted pennies (so, they're not really wasted, right)? I also asked her to pick up the latest issue of Company for me; it's my favourite magazine, and I buy it every month without fail.



I woke up to a couple of parcels from New Look and George at Asda. The bright candy coloured cardigans I ordered certainly brightened up my dull and dreary day. I'd also ordered a parrot-print jumpsuit from Asda, but unfortunately even though it fit it wasn't very forgiving on a few curves so I had to return it. It was at the smaller end of the spectrum I fit in to, and the next size up is sold out. I'm a bit disappointed as it was a gorgeous jumpsuit, and I think another size up would be too big on me. I am, however, in love with the flamingo cardigan that I also bought at the same time.


I thought I'd give you a sneak peek at all the cardigans I ordered. They're the one thing I've been lacking since my last clear out where I got rid of so many old ones. They're all from New Look, except for the flamingo one which came from George at Asda. I throw cardigans on over practically everything I wear, and you'll be sick of seeing me wear these pretty soon.

I've been window-shopping online for cute cardigans over the last few days to fill those gaps in my wardrobe, and I haven't come across all that many that are patterned. They all seem to be plain basics. I came across a few lovely designs by Forever 21, though...


I've never ordered from Forever 21 and I will admit the American sizing confuses me, but I love these four designs, and in particular the floral bed jacket and military cardigan on the top row.


And I'm also liking these inexpensive cardigans. The top two are by George at Asda; the mint cropped cardi is from Matalan; and the pink one is by F+F at Tesco.


I came across this giraffe print jumpsuit on the Asda website today, and I think I'm falling in love with it! Not bad for £20, I have to say.



And I'm also coveting these two dresses from Dorothy Perkins. The white one has penny farthings on it for goodness sake! Penny farthings! It's so different. I must make it my own!



I did allow myself another treat today. I've been milling over whether or not to purchase this Matalan hi-low hem skirt for well over a week, and today just decided to go for it. I wanted to try something a little different, and have held off ordering dresses this time for things I actually need or don't have. I must be getting old to be thinking so sensibly!

I do still have my heart set on the red shirt dress from ASOS, but I'm still planning on buying it soon!

Well, it's half three now. I'm going to attempt to wind down, and hopefully after reading IT for a while I might fall asleep. Night night.

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Noooo @ spilled drinks and having to return stuff, but Yaaaay at those cardigans. The colors are amazing :) The one with the flamingos is my favorite. Can't wait to see how you wear them.

    Good night sweetie ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so clumsy! I think I soaked a three metre radius around me. Oops. Thanks. I love them all, but the flamingo one is a winner :)

      Delete
  2. Shame about the jumpsuit:( love the cardigans that you got. I just put myself on a shopping ban till 24th July so those things you like will prob be out of stock I adore the giraffe jumpsuit! I hope your feeling better today sending hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I'll stumble across one in store or on ebay sometime. I really liked it, too :(. Ouch, that's gonna hurt! Do you think you'll manage it?!Thanks Rachel xx

      Delete
    2. I really hope do cross your fingers for me please xx

      Delete
    3. I'll cross my fingers, toes, and eyes for you xx

      Delete
  3. you find some really gorgeous pieces - a flamingo cardigan is divine - and forever 21 i think i have a little crush on - i have seen so many bloggers wearing it and always love their pieces - also sending hugs of comfort x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. I often admire Forever 21 on other bloggers, too. Thank you xx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous stuff. Loving the jumpsuit and the cardigans. Those DP dresses are awesome too. I've 2 gift cards burning a hole in my pocket! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is so nice right now! I think sales are just around the corner, too! I wouldn't know where to start with a DP gift card! x

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig