Tuesday 26 June 2012

Les Poissons

Well hello there, stylish people,

I hope you're all having a great week.

You may remember my indecisiveness over two AX Paris dresses on Saturday evening. I fell in love with the fish print fabric, but couldn't decide which style I loved more. Eventually, I concluded the zipped dress would probably be too short on my frame, and ordered the peplum one instead.

The dress came this morning, and I wasn't disappointed...




On the website, the dress is described as being peplum, but personally, I'd call it a tiered skirt. It's got a 'hint of saloon' and the shape makes me think of something Dolly Parton would have worn in Steel Magnolias; (which, by the way, is one of the best films in existence). I adore the frilly, floaty shape; even if my Sister thinks I ''look like a five year old on the way to a birthday party''.  I'm in love with the print; it's so different to the usual bird prints and polka dots I lust after. Perhaps my love of sea life and animals on clothes made this one jump out at me. I've been mesmerised by fish every since I studied animal care at college; I even have a four foot tropical fish tank which I've spent a small fortune on over the years.















I kept the accessories to a minimum today, as the style of the dress is a statement on it's own. I paired it with black tights, a skinny belt, a bright red nail, and a small charm necklace.

Dress: AX Paris
Tights: Evans
Necklace: Accessorize
Belt: Dorothy Perkins
Nail Polish: Barry M Bright Red 262

I've been having a good browse through the sales online, and I have to say there's some great bargains to be had out there at the moment. I may have given in to one or two of them...

I'm going to do a seperate post to share my purchases and my favourite online finds.

Have a great night,

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. You look like a very cute little cake*, with the tiers and ruffles - I love it!
    First I thought the dress with the zipper was better, but now I think you've made the right choice. This is very feminine and cute but not overly sweet, probably because of the color/print. I also really like this length on you. All in all, you look amazing! :)

    Can't wait to see what you bought from the sales, I got two parcels myself today^^

    *what is it with me and the baked goods? First Eclaires, now this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Nita, you do make me laugh! Should I be concerned that I look like a wedding cake? Not really the look I was going for.

      It's longer than I thought it would be, which won me over straight away, and much nicer than I thought, too. I just love the quirky print! It's a little different. Thank you, hun :). I do still have my eye on the zipped one, though!

      All will be revealed in good time... what have you been buying?

      Hahaha! Someone has a sweet tooth, me thinks!

      Delete
    2. Nooooo I meant like a sweet little cake, not some big ol' wedding cake that serves 52 people. Nothing wrong with serving 52 people, just... I meant you look like a cupcake or something, sweet and cute, because of the ruffles/tiers probably ^^

      I bought shoes of course, 4 or 5 tops and a dress. Your love for dresses finally rubbed off on me I think, I keep looking for them and seeing so many pretty ones :D

      Delete
    3. Haha you make me laugh!

      Wow, sounds like a great haul! I'm glad my love for dresses is rubbing off on some of you guys. There really are few things better than a pretty dress. There are sooo many nice ones around this year :)

      Delete
  2. You look great in the dress I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, Rachel :). I love you in the bird print one just like it :) xx

      Delete
  3. Love the dress :)It's a lovely cut on you! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I love it! You keep tempting me with all of your lovely purchases, you look great! ... Must not spend money :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, Linz :). There are just too many lovely dresses available this year, not my fault haha. Think this one would suit you, though! xx

      Delete
  5. I am so happy you bought this one- it looks awesome on you!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, Olivia :). You're so kind :) xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig