Saturday 23 June 2012

"I've drawn regret from the truth of a thousand lies..."

Listening to Linkin Park's What I've Done... such powerful lyrics! The video always makes me sit back and think about what's really important.

I woke up this afternoon to a very welcome surprise from the postman; HMV had sent the new Linkin Park album 'Living Things' out to me, arriving two days before the official release date! I usually preorder new music from my favourite bands from them as they almost always reach you two or three days before they hit the shelves. And when you have to wait two years for a new album those extra days can feel like an eternity; especially with bands like Linkin Park who I've loved since my mid teens. Their music keeps evolving and getting better and better, and the new album is another winner! I love that their albums always have a mix of strong rock songs, and softer melodic tunes (such as Iridescent, Leave Out All The Rest, Valentine's Day). It's part of what sets them apart from other rock/metal bands. If you ever get the chance to see them live, do! You won't regret it.





Anyway, I spent the afternoon having a LP listening session, and browsing through online shops. I spent all of last night, and this afternoon deciding whether or not to stock up on Body Shop cosmetics, but decided it was frivolous to treat myself to make up when I'm house bound. I'm going to leave off spoiling myself for a while. I did, however, snap up a skirt in the ASOS sale which I've been going back to time and time again over the last few months...




It was only £17.50 and I've justified it by telling myself it can probably work in A/W, too.






I'm currently trying to decide if I should buy this white Matalan midi; which is the same as the navy skirt I blogged about a couple of days ago and fell in love with. I don't usually wear white, so I'm not sure if it would suit me.







I also logged on to AX Paris, and discovered that many of their clothes are now on sale! I know many of you were admiring the navy and yellow polka dot dresses I recently bought, and they're now just £17.99 each! If you create an account and use 'WELCOME20' you can get another 20 percent off!!







 This lovely yellow bird print zip dress is also on sale. I wouldn't wear it with bare legs, but I don't know if I'd find the confidence to wear it over leggings or jeggings either as much as I love the colour and pattern.




The navy fish print one is sadly not on sale, but I prefer it to the yellow, and I'm in love with the fish pattern. I'm debating whether to just try it, but I really can't convince myself either way if it'll suit me or not. I'm assuming it wouldn't be so short on my 5'6'' height...

EDIT: Now I can't decide whether I prefer the peplum dress to the one above...




What do you guys think? Opinions please!!


SHARE:

12 comments

  1. omg guuurl tell me all about the new LP album! I'm so out of the loop, I didn't even know they were releasing anything until two or three days ago. IS it more like the last album or like the ones before? jw, I like both :)

    Yaaay on your new skirt, you're right, I think it'll work just as fine in A/W :)

    From the dresses, I like the blue one better, I think it would go better with leggings or jeggings than the yellow one if you're planing on wearing it that way. Especially if you pick up the metal color of the zipper with some edgy accessories (like you wore last time) it could look pretty cool imo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more like the last album in terms of sound, but I'd say it sounds a little rockiet to me (this going off two listens so far) and again, different to all the rest again. Really recommend it!

      Thanks :). Just hope it fits nicely. I've seen it on a few bloggers and they all looked amazing in it.

      Me too. I'm now unsure whether to get the peplum design with the same fish print... can't decide which would look best on me. I like your idea of adding an edge to it!

      Delete
    2. You know, I think peplums are cute, but I'm not sure how well leggings or jeggings would work with the length of the peplum dress? I'd wear that one with tights rather than leggings, and the dress with the zipper with jeggings probably.
      But the first option definitely seems edgier too me, while the second one is more feminine and sweet. Depends on what you want more at the moment :)
      Also, you're probably going to wear a cardi with them often, because they don't have sleeves - do you think the peplum dress will still have the same effect with a cardigan?

      Delete
    3. I actually went with the peplum dress in the end, as I think the style will work better on my shape and the peplum bit is soft instead of really peplumy. I think it'll be longer on my legs, which is the part that's bothering me as I'm not confident with showing much thigh. I hope there'll be enough room left for tights or leggings (won't resort to jeggings for confidence with the length of this one). Yes, I will wear it with a cardi, and intend to make it more wearable for myself that way- I'm not fussed about showing it off as a peplum style tbh, I just want it to be a pretty dress. I'll probably pick the edgier one up later :)

      Delete
  2. i love them all i have the fish dress and i love it I've seen the new peplum ones in and i must say i love those too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You looked fab in your fish dress, but wasn't sure the shape would suit me, so hope the peplum one does! xx

      Delete
    2. not 100% but I think I bought the peplum when I bought the fish dress and I didn't know it was peplum but I got mine from evans and can't find it on the website the compare. I wore it today so blog post will be tomorrow think you will look great in either xx

      Delete
    3. I wouldn't call the dress peplum now I've received it; it's just a tiered skirt and looks identical to your one. I think Sienna clothing for Evans is the same as the line used for AX Paris with different labels sewn in (they call it Scarlett or Ruby something)!

      Delete
  3. Oooh pretty things. I need to stop spending money, but it's so hard when the sales are on!

    I look forward to seeing you in the peplum dress, it looks lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. The sales are really great this season, as well! Thanks Linz xx

      Delete
  4. nominated you for a blog award on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much lovely :). I've nominated you back xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig