Sunday 17 June 2012

Hello; my name's Louise, and I like to window shop...

I have a confession to make:

When I'm bored, I can't stop myself from browsing through online shops.

And when I browse through online shops, I can't stop myself from pinning things and making a mental note of all the pretty things I want to buy. They, of course, get added to the four dozen other items queued in my mind, where they have to wait like awkward kids praying not to be picked last for P.E, until I can afford them. Let's face it I don't have a champagne budget; I have to leave the less popular choices behind, and I hate having to be the one to tell them.

So many lovely things, so few zeros on the end of my bank balance...

Here's a few of the things I'm loving this weekend...


Cute asymmetric printed tees from ASOS. Perfect with a pair of coloured skinnies or jeggings.


New Look dresses... I'm still daydreaming about wearing this leopard-print maxi dress out in the sunshine. I'm pretty sure I'm going to order it if my size is still available when I get paid. I also wonder if it could be worked in to my Autumn/Winter wardrobe with a few layers...


I bought the coral version of the Lovedrobe shrug last week, and I'm so impressed I'd like to own the other colours, too, to layer over dresses.




I know I'm always rambling on about this season's dresses from Dorothy Perkins. I've talked about them so much that I've forgotten which I've blogged about! I can't help it; they're all so pretty! I love all the animal prints, florals, and peter pan collars on these dresses and tops. I'm particularly in love with the two maxi dresses- the one on the right has macaws on it!



A few dresses also caught my eye on the H&M website. They're all too short for me to wear bare-legged or with leggings, but I think they're all so pretty. I really love the simplicity of the white one with the broderie anglaise trim.


There are so many cute dresses by F+F at Tesco. I'm really impressed with the quality of supermarket fashion in the UK these days. I remember when I wouldn't touch supermarket branded clothes with a barge pole! I'm really loving all the cobalt blue and the different shapes of the dresses which are all on trend right now. I'd say my faves are the blue prom dress, and the asymmetric one above it. I also love the bird print playsuit.


High on my list is a new under eye concealer (Lightening Touch), and blusher (Shimmer Waves) from The Body Shop. The concealer is just as good as YSL Touche Eclat and a little more affordable, and the shimmery blusher really gives a nice glow to the cheeks in the summer. I swear by both products, but have used both up.


I've been using The Body Shop's Vitamin E Moisture Cream ever since my bestie gave me a set of Vitamin E products for Christmas several years back. I was very impressed with the product as it really softens and hydrates my skin, and now it's the only moisturiser I use. I am, however, intrigued by the Vitamin C range. I also really want to get a new Coconut Body Butter as it's basically summer in a tub.


And a few dresses I wish I could afford... Sadly, Monsoon is a little out of my price range right now, but they always sell the most beautiful clothes. My favourites are the two blue floral prom dresses on the bottom row.


These garments are just divine. They have the cutest details. I love the buttons on the navy cardigan, and the embroidery on the mauve skirt. The rainbow maxi is gorgeous.

I'm sure I could keep adding to this list, but I think that's enough for now. There's no way I'd ever manage to wear it all!

Also, I'm sorry I haven't posted an OOTD in a few days. I haven't managed to get dressed or move about since my hospital appointment on Friday; I think all the travelling and sitting up was a bit more than my body could take and it's getting it's own back on me now. I'm sure normal service will resume soon!

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. The cardi and first skirt by Monsoon are my favorites of this post :) but the other pieces look cute as well!
    I'm awful with window shopping, too, but I've been pretty good these few weeks... I think!

    I used to LOVE The Body Shop's coconut range as a teenager, I remember one summer I kept their stuff by my bedside to reapply and sniff multiple times a day... flawless taste sweetie, as always ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Monsoon skirt and cardigan are so pretty! It find myself browsing to kill some time; which is bad as I then want to buy it all! You must share how you manage to be good!

      Coconut is such a classic scent. Though I don't remember using it much in my teens- back then I loved strawberry, dewberry, and oceanus!

      Delete
  2. I love all the stuff from New Look! <3 I do the exact same! I wish I had money all month long! and not just the two weeks, when I blow all my pay check :( xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking New Look's clothes a lot this season! Haha I tend to blow my money straight away. I always have too much month left at the end of my money, too!

      Delete
  3. i do this too.. tease myself with all the lovely clothes i cant yet afford!
    i love the animal print maxi from new look :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like we're all guilty of it! It's too tempting. I really want the leopard print dress!

      Delete
  4. i love all the things and have a few of them the tesco playsuit is lovely i have it and its great :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you would; you being my style twin, and all! I'm tempted by that gorgeous playsuit for around the house xx

      Delete
  5. i keep window shopping too! i'd love if you posted more makeup looks, loved your last one xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no i now want it all x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try not to beat me to it all! Haha :)

      Delete
  7. its all to sad and cruel! i also confess to window shopping also when payday is far away and weeping (well, nearly sometimes it has been touch and go!) i am currently attempting a shopping ban (saving for holidays and stuff) think of me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all do it. When will we learn to balance our money throughout the month? Probably never if you're like me... Good luck with your shopping ban; I'm sure it won't be easy x

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig