Sunday 10 June 2012

"Florals? For spring? Ground-breaking."

Happy Sunday to all my lovely followers!

  
I hope you've all been having a great weekend.

Today's been a bit of a struggle for me as the pain has really flared up along my spine, and I didn't sleep well last night. I slept for twelve hours on and off, and woke every half hour or so from lots of vivid dreams. I'm used to waking regularly because of the pain, but I don't normally feel so drained when I finally get up.

 I wasn't going to post today, but decided I would to keep myself busy. I had to think of something comfortable to wear which I hadn't posted about before. So, I went with my Red Herring jumpsuit.






I know what you're thinking: "Wow, it's not a dress!" I've been wearing dresses more and more recently, but I also have a fondness for jumpsuits. They're the closest you can get to the comfort of wearing pyjamas out of the house.

I bought this one last summer from Red Herring at Debenhams. It has a gorgeous floral pattern all over it, and it's one of my favourite pieces in my wardrobe. It's lost a button, so I apologise for the sloppy look at the top. I never get round to repairing things. This was my first jumpsuit, and I don't even care that it makes my hips look curvy, more so since it's shrunk a little in the wash.


I've kept things simple today, because I really haven't the energy to accessorize. I love wearing this jumpsuit with these sandals. They have a real Arabian feel when paired together (or at least that's what I think).


Here's a closer look at the fabric, and my giraffe necklace which is one of my favourites. I have a soft spot for these tall lovely animals and would wear it with everything if I could.

Jumpsuit: Red Herring at Debenhams
Cardigan: New Look
Sandals: Evans
Necklace: Accessorize

Are you a jumpsuit fan, or are they a big no-no for you?


P.S. I know I haven't really spoken about my back injury in much detail, but I'm curious to know if any of my readers have ever torn or herniated a disc, or injured multiple ones like me?
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. OMG that quote, I need to watch that movie again sometime^^

    I'm sorry to hear about you feeling even worse today :( *hugs*

    But I like your jumpsuit :D I've had my eye on a similar piece for quite some time now but wasn't sure whether to buy it... I think I will!
    I think it suits you, not everyone can pull this off but it looks great on you!
    And curvy hips are a good thing imo ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favourites; up there with the SATC films. Can't go wrong mixing NY with fashion!

      Thanks hun.

      You should definitely invest. They're so lovely, and especially great for hot summer days.

      Thank you very much, Nita :). Oddly, my curvy hips don't bother me all too much! I'm in proportion if nothing else xx

      Delete
  2. i love it and i love jumpsuits playsuits are my fav i like the shorts and getting my stumpy legs out lol! you look great it certainly doesn't look like its shrunk at all the giraffe is very cute too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've never braved a playsuit as I never thought I could pull one off, but you look amazing in them! xx

      Delete
    2. you so could they are aces just like dresses but you don't flash when its windy! xx

      Delete
    3. That's why I like jumpsuits. I may give one a try when I have some spare cash, at least for trying around the house if nothing else xx

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear you're in pain, really hope you feel better soon :( *hugs* I love that jumpsuit, it looks great on you!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sian, I'll be alright. And thank you for the lovely comments :)

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry you had a bad night and day, and aren't feeling well. I hope things get better soon, you lovely lady you. :) I have one jumpsuit that I've never worn, but I think you've convinced me to give it a try! <3 And I agree with Nita, I totally need to watch that movie again! I knew instantly where the quote was from.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani, I'll be alright. It's ongoing but I'll get there. I think you'd look amazing in jumpsuits! I'd love to see you do a jumpsuit OOTD! It's a good film! I had to put it on again this afternoon :)

      Delete
  5. Great jumpsuit! It looks great on you. I would love to wear them, but I'm too short, so the body length/leg length ratio is always wrong on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura :). Maybe you could give playsuits a try instead? Perhaps the shorts-type length would work for you??

      Delete
  6. This looks amazing on you! I need to embrace the jumpsuit trend. You have inspired me ;)

    Sorry to hear about your back flaring up. I suffer with my back regularly, but nothing like this. My mother had a torn disc and had to have surgery for it, so I know the pain she suffered. I hope there is something they can do for you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linz :). I think you'd look amazing in them! They're so easy to wear.

      I think back pain of any sort is never nice. Constant pain has been my life for 9 months now, but I'm still not used to it. Ooh your poor mum :(. They don't want to operate on me because of my age, but it's a possible last resort years down the line. Thanks Linz x

      Delete
  7. I have personally never tried a jumpsuit, I've always been a little wary of them! But this one is lovely, I adore the floral print, and it looks amazing on you =)
    Hope your back is feeling better soon =(
    http://xrebelangelx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time you go shopping pick one up in your size and try it on. It might just surprise you how nice it looks! Thanks, Sian :)

      Delete
  8. Cute look but i do hope you feel better hun!
    And so strange, i've been having vivid dreams lately too

    ~Sherine
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherine. I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

      Maybe it's something in the water? LOL

      Delete
  9. i always see jumpsuits in the shops and pick them up and say "i like this.... but i wouldnt wear it!" but i realllyyy want one after seeing this post! maybe i should at least try one on lol :)

    hope your back gets better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm glad I've inspired you. You should definitely give them a try. I love them, they're so comfortable, and I think they can suit everyone. You get the lightness of a maxi dress without having to worry about flashing anyone if it gets windy. Thanks hun xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig