Thursday 29 March 2012

My Battle With Self-Confidence

The main purpose of this blog, besides having something to focus on during my injury, is to help myself gain more confidence with my body.

I've always been self-conscious of certain parts of my body, and dress to flatter my figure as much as possible. That means staying clear of certain styles of clothing, and not baring certain body parts. I know us girls all have insecurities about our bodies, and we all have parts we don't like and aren't very confident about showing off. For me, that's my legs, and my upper arms.

My upper arms are always covered when I leave the house. I haven't gone out of the house baring my legs in several years. I spent a week baring them in New York last August as it was just too hot to cover them, and it felt so liberating, but I haven't found that confidence at home in England. I wish I could walk around in the sunshine with a floaty skirt on and no leggings underneath, but I haven't found that confidence yet.

So, posting these photos of today's outfit is a big step for me. They're the kind of shots I wouldn't share with my nearest and dearest. Nobody will have ever seen my upper arms or legs uncovered, apart from my family.




Today was a bad pain day, so i didn't make it out of my bedroom at all, but it didn't stop me from getting dressed and playing around with an outfit for five minutes.

Skirt- Next
T-shirt- Dorothy Perkins
Denim gilet- New Look
Saddle Bag- Accessorize
Necklace- Camden Lock Market (see yesterday's post)

The toucan t-shirt was delivered yesterday. It's a very pale peach/ flesh colour, not the pink in the picture on the website, but i love the motif and the fit of the t-shirt. I'm really pleased with the bag, too. I know i will get a lot of use out of it over the summer, as it works with so many of my dresses.

Does anyone else have a complex with a certain part of their body? Do you care how strangers see you, or do you just go out with your head held high?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig